Room service breakfast

bobpell

Croissants, pastries, fruit, etc - if you want something more substantial, your best bet is to grab breakfast on the Lido deck and bring it back to your balcony to enjoy there. Lots of people will go get breakfast while wearing their robe and slippers, so you don't even need to get dressed first :-)

Be specific about how many of each thing you want. If you check half and half you'll get one so if you need 8 put 8. I even write "only need one coffee cup" b/c when I've ordered 2 pots of coffee I get 4 cups. If you order frosted flakes and don't order milk you won't get any milk.

Be specific about how many of each thing you want. If you check half and half you'll get one so if you need 8 put 8. I even write "only need one coffee cup" b/c when I've ordered 2 pots of coffee I get 4 cups. If you order frosted flakes and don't order milk you won't get any milk.

Hahahaha be careful with the half and half. It comes in a small pitcher. If you order 8 you will get 8 pitchers.

Croissants, pastries, fruit, etc - if you want something more substantial, your best bet is to grab breakfast on the Lido deck and bring it back to your balcony to enjoy there. Lots of people will go get breakfast while wearing their robe and slippers, so you don't even need to get dressed first :-)

I personally would not suggest going up on deck in your robe and slippers. It is extremely rare that I have seen someone do this.

I personally would not suggest going up on deck in your robe and slippers. It is extremely rare that I have seen someone do this.
I usually see 5 or 6 every morning.

Continental breakfast works for me, since I rarely eat much in the morning anyway, but for those who want more than that, they can start with room service coffee, and pastries and fruit, and take their time getting up and at em in the morning. Then later they can go up to lido and visit the bacon police:D I agree though, robe and slippers not recommended.:)

then you've never cruised when I have!! Yep. that's me. pj's and slipper. After dinner I change before the show. :D

I always got coffee, chocolate milk, muffin and fruit. Yummy. boxed cereals are also great for a snack on port days!

Never thought to say just one cup though!

It doesn't ruin my cruise to see people in robes and slippers at breakfast but you are not home. I have what I call my breakfast clothes. a t-shirt and yoga pants. I put them on only for breakfast. I change as soon as I get back to the room.

I usually only have room service breakfast on shore excursion days, so I can eat and get ready to go at the same time. I enjoy the croissants and cereal mostly. It's not a substantial breakfast but enough to get you going. For those who appreciate a good cup of coffee, you won't get that with room service. It's barely OK coffee and sometimes not very hot. I usually order juice to drink instead.

I usually see 5 or 6 every morning.

I had never seen too many cruisers wearing robes. We have worn them ourselves when heading to the hot tubs at night.

Might have seen a few at the pool, ... but our last cruise they were all over the place. All times of the day and night. This did not bother me, in fact, with some of the sights I saw I wish MORE were wearing robes. :eek:

but for those who want more than that, they can start with room service coffee, and pastries and fruit, and take their time getting up and at em in the morning. Then later they can go up to lido and visit the bacon police:D I agree though, robe and slippers not recommended.:)

This is exactly what I do. :) One of my favorite things to do on our cruises is to order room service breakfast to be delivered around 6:30 - 7:00, and eat on the balcony. I usually get a fruit plate, smoked salmon with cream cheese, a croissant with butter and guava jelly, tomato juice and coffee.

Then, about 10:00, we head up to the buffet for bacon and eggs. :)

I liked the muffins a lot. I think we got 2 every day and you never know what you'll get. If I remember correctly, I think there was blueberry, chocolate, orange and banana.

I'm a wimpy coffee drinker, so I order hot chocolate along with my coffee. It comes in a package, Swiss Miss or something. Then I mix that package in with my coffee, and have a yummy mocha!

Wow, that is not a great room service breakfast menu. When we were on princess we got bacon, eggs, etc every morning. I can't eat wheat so I need protein. I guess we will have to hit up the lido deck. Booooo

There is plain yogurt, smoked salmon and flavored yogurts for protein. I would get an extra juice or two and fill up my water bottles so I could make cocktails (with my Bon Voyage liquor) later in the day.

Remember to have a couple singles out so you can readily tip the server. I love getting room service breakfast!

On our recent cruise, we ordered cereal and milk... well, we got milk with our cereal AND the milk we ordered!!!

We always ordered 4 danish.. and always got one Apple, one raspberry, one cinammon and one cheese.

I'm a wimpy coffee drinker, so I order hot chocolate along with my coffee... Then I mix that package in with my coffee, and have a yummy mocha!

Me, too! It's not just that I don't like strong coffee, but I also think it improve the taste of the ship's coffee, which in my limited experience is not that great.

Dh and I ordered room service on port days and on disembarkment day, and always the same thing - coffee (for both), hot chocolate (for me), juice (for dh), lox and bagels, 2 muffins, and 2 dishes of fruit.

We always used our door hanger to pre-order breakfast the night before. Consistantly, it would arrive within 10 minutes of the time we asked for it to be delivered. On the first day, it was ten minutes past the time we had specified for delivery, and the food hadn't arrived. I was concerned that a prankster had removed our door hanger during the night, so I called room service. It took a couple minutes to get through and during that time, the food showed up. :)

Thanks everyone for breakfast info.

A smiley shocker on HAL last year when a midnight marauder ticked of almost every one of the items on our door hanger some time after we went to bed.

The look on the room service deliverer at 7 Am was priceless as he looked over my shoulder into our room expecting half of the ship's company would be in our suite!!

The tray was so overloaded he could hardly lift it and we thought it was going to collapse in the middle before it was placed on the balcony table.

The miscreant used a red pen while we used blue.

We were nervous each morn thereafter. Thank goodness it was a one time event

Bobpell

I spent many years in the restaurant business. I can tell you that most breakfast foods, like eggs, bacon, etc, are nearly impossible to keep warm for a trip from kitchen to cabin. RCI delivers these things for breakfast and every time we got them they were cold and rubbery.

Archived