Left at port?

Forever Sich

Has anyone been left by NCL at port? What phone numbers if any do you keep with you??? If left how was it getting to the next port.

Never been left at a port because we make sure we arrive back to the ship way before the designated time. In your Freestyle Daily, a phone number and address for the Port Agent is always listed. Good idea to keep on hand. If left behind, you would incur all the expenses of making it to the next port.

We missed a ship once. We were having a great time on the east side of the island and lost all track of time. We both felt a little foolish, but it was not that big of a deal. Had a credit card and passports with us. Spent a nice night in Cozumel, then flew to Grand Cayman via Mexico City, the next morning. This is one reason I advocate keeping your passport and not a copy. We would have been in a world of hurt with copies of our passports. With them, it was a few hundred bucks and a good story. It was another adventure in a long line of adventures.

We missed a ship once. We were having a great time on the east side of the island and lost all track of time. We both felt a little foolish, but it was not that big of a deal. Had a credit card and passports with us. Spent a nice night in Cozumel, then flew to Grand Cayman via Mexico City, the next morning. This is one reason I advocate keeping your passport and not a copy. We would have been in a world of hurt with copies of our passports. With them, it was a few hundred bucks and a good story. It was another adventure in a long line of adventures.

How long ago was this? Cannot imagine if you didn't have your passports. And what about that walk-up airfare? Expensive.

I could see how you got caught up having a good time on the east side of Cozumel - what an awesome part of the island. You also had a great outlook and attitude on your predicament. It was also fortunate you were in Cozumel with easy access to an airport. On our first cruise we were on the Pearl and stopped in Samana, Dominican Republic. Two people missed the last tender....in Samana. The nearest airport to Samana is a several hour drive and it is hit or miss when it's open. We never heard if that couple was able to catch the ship in our next ports of call of St Thomas or Tortola.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

How long ago was this? Cannot imagine if you didn't have your passports. And what about that walk-up airfare? Expensive.

2000, maybe 2001. If memory serves me correctly, it was a RCI cruise. We never talked to the port reps and I don't think I even knew there was such a thing back then. We just went to the airport, made a reservation, then found a hotel for the night.

Jinglette is more cautious and mindful of time because of the experience, knowing that I'm very capable of pushing it. But, I also like to stretch a tank of gas and see if I can make it just another mile to that other gas station. These things make her crazy at times, but it part of the package!

I could see how you got caught up having a good time on the east side of Cozumel - what an awesome part of the island. You also had a great outlook and attitude on your predicament. It was also fortunate you were in Cozumel with easy access to an airport. On our first cruise we were on the Pearl and stopped in Samana, Dominican Republic. Two people missed the last tender....in Samana. The nearest airport to Samana is a several hour drive and it is hit or miss when it's open. We never heard if that couple was able to catch the ship in our next ports of call of St Thomas or Tortola.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

The east side is awesome! I highly recommend Chen Rio beach for a great seafood feast....... Dominican Republic sounds like a great place to get lost!

My fear as we dont have passports Not sure if we will ever do a cruise again. Waiting to see if I get sea sick before spending the $$ On a passport!

Then do everything within your power (and most of getting back to the ship on time is within your power one way or another) to make sure that you get back to the ship in plenty of time. If you miss the ship and don't have a passport you will be stuck waiting for the Consulate to issue you an emergency passport which could take a few days.

Has anyone been left by NCL at port? What phone numbers if any do you keep with you??? If left how was it getting to the next port.

You can't get back on the ship without your room key card. Your room key card has the ship phone number on it.

As for getting to the next port or even back home if left in port may be complicated if you do not have passports.

Do a ship excursion and then they are responsible to make sure you get back to the ship on time.

Archived