Galveston Limo and Hotel

RWayne

I've gone through several threads but can't seem to find where anyone has given a rousing endorsement of both a limo service from Houston to Galveston, and a solid recommendation for a moderately priced hotel in Galveston (preferably with a shuttle to the pier). Can anyone help? We're cruising in 60 days and I'm behind the curve on reservations. Thanks.

We decided to stay at the Galvez. Not sure about the limo service, though.

Good Choice for hotel!!!!!!!!!!!

A few Limo's to email or call are:

Cornerstone Elite Limo

Extreme Elegance Limo Service

Sams Limo

24hr airport taxi

SWS Transport

Gulf Coast limo

Galveston Limo

Presidential Limo service

Hi ~ We used the Lady Bird Limousine service (ladybirdlimousine@gmail.com)

There were 4 of us and she charged $120 - picked us up at gate and drove us to Hotel Galvez & Spa the day before our cruise on 12/15/12. Susan will also pick up from cruise ships - she is cheaper and quicker than shuttle bus - really liked her. Hotel Galvez has a shuttle that will take you up to 3 miles around and pick you up free -only tip. They took us to the Strand to shop and dine and picked us up when we called. Took us to cruise ship next day.

Staying at the Hilton tonight for a cruise tomorrow. Free shuttle to pier and free parking for the week (though I know you didn't need the parking). Two double beds was $109, if I remember correctly and a King was about $125. They don't advertise their free shuttle and parking--I just called and asked!

Staying at the Hilton tonight for a cruise tomorrow. Free shuttle to pier and free parking for the week (though I know you didn't need the parking). Two double beds was $109, if I remember correctly and a King was about $125. They don't advertise their free shuttle and parking--I just called and asked!

We cruised out of Galveston on the Mariner of the Seas, December 16-23...

Stayed at the Hilton and were VERY happy...very nice hotel, great and helpful staff, free shuttle to the ship...

We were far less happy with the limo company we used to get there from Hobby Airport and back:

Z Limo...

We would NOT likely go with them again...

On the plus side, they were at the airport on time and waiting for us at baggage claim...and they were waiting for us at the pier for the ride home--even though our disembarkation was S L O W ....

But here is the problem:

When we initially booked, it was just the two of us...so we booked a town car at their advertised rate of $85 each way (Hobby to Galveston)...Fabi asked if we would like to add the customary 15% tip...and I responded "yes"...He charged my credit card for $196 (rounding up a half a dollar for the tip)...no problem...

Later, I contacted him to say we needed to change the reservation to a party of four as we had decided to take our kids with us...He said we'd have to change to a "Luxury SUV" as the town car would not be adequate for four...again, no problem...

His advertised rate (on his website) for the SUV round trip was $240...again, no problem...

He put another charge on our credit card for $90...

Okay, doing the math, the change from $170 to $240 plus the "customary 15% tip" should have made the total charge $276...

But the total he charged us was $286 ($196 plus $90)...

But, I was not going to quibble over ten dollars...

So, we arrived at Hobby, met the driver and drove to the Galveston Hilton...After unloading the luggage from the SUV, the driver was clearly looking to me for a tip!! I said, "We paid for everything in advance over the e-mail on the credit card"...

He responded "Not the tip!"...

I told him that yes, we did...

He pulled out his cell phone and showed me his communication from Fabi...It said "Fare paid, credit card, CASH TIP"...

I told him that was wrong...

My family was tired from the trip...They went in to the lobby and checked in while I was forced to stand out in front of the hotel in front of the hotel personnel and other hotel guests and argue with the driver...

I finally said, "look, you are coming back next week to pick us up, right? Go ask Fabi...and I will try to find all of my documentation and, if there was no tip, we will take care of it then"...I left and he left...

At the end of the return trip, he again brought up the tip issue...

But I was prepared...

I used all of my onboard internet time visiting my credit card website, Z Limo's website and digging up the old e-mails...

I put together a file with my credit card statements, Z-Limo's price list and the emails showing the discussion about adding the tip...

An absolute unquestionable case...

The driver suggested that I still tip him and then take it up with Fabi...

I told him that I was not going to be overcharged by $10, forced to pay a duplicate tip...and then have to go back and try to collect it...that HE should take it up with Fabi...I paid my bill (and more)...his collecting his tip was between him and Fabi...

...and I left...

What steams me is that, especially as the "customer" here...and one who paid his bill and tip and extra all way in advance...I should not have been subjected to having to argue with a driver about a tip...and made to look bad to onlookers at my hotel and at the airport...

Both Fabi and his driver were totally out of line...and unprofessional...

They will not get my business again...

Archived