140 Years and a New Tulip

sail7seas

I so love this......

I have been reading the latest edition of Mariners Magazine, which we received on Monday, and saw a side story on the page announcing HAL's 140th Anniversary Celebration in 2013.

The side story is that a tulip grower in Holland with which HAL has a connection has created a new tulip to celebrate this milestone Anniversary for HAL. How fitting this company founded in Holland will have a special tulip commemorating the celebration. :)

BTW..... it's a lovely edition of the magazine and I'm enjoying it very much.

Great job, Mr. Bernhoft. :) Thank you.

I so love this......

I have been reading the latest edition of Mariners Magazine, which we received on Monday, and saw a side story on the page announcing HAL's 140th Anniversary Celebration in 2013.

The side story is that a tulip grower in Holland with which HAL has a connection has created a new tulip to celebrate this milestone Anniversary for HAL. How fitting this company founded in Holland will have a special tulip commemorating the celebration. :)

Old news about the tulip. This came up on CC last November or early December. Perhaps you were on one of your many cruises at the time.:)

Actually, we were on a cruise. :)

It was pointed out the thread was mid November and we spent two weeks on Westerdam.

They didn't speak of the tulip on board ..... or at least that I heard. :D

I was happy to read that piece in the Mariner Magazine and chose to share it with CC'ers.

For those who already knew, oh well!!!!!! ;)

Sail, if you check out the HAL blog, you will see a very nice picture of Captain van Zaane receiving the token tulip bulb before they were all planted in Keukenhof.

Along with others, I'd love to have some in my garden.

I do know that the bulb vendors in Keukenhof will ship tulip bulbs to Canada (since I've done that before), but would probably have to wait until spring to see if they will be available.

Sail, if you check out the HAL blog, you will see a very nice picture of Captain van Zaane receiving the token tulip bulb before they were all planted in Keukenhof.

Along with others, I'd love to have some in my garden.

I do know that the bulb vendors in Keukenhof will ship tulip bulbs to Canada (since I've done that before), but would probably have to wait until spring to see if they will be available.

OVGirl...... Thanks for mentioning the Blog. I never go there but will go look.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a few of those tulips in our gardens.

What a great Mariners gift that would be. :cool:

A small package of bulbs we could plant and enjoy!!!!

We were able to buy tulip bulbs in Holland and have them shipped to us with no problem.

The grower's packaging clearly indicated the contents of the package and it cleared customs fine. I had those bulbs for some years but they are all gone now. :(

I so love this......

Hate to break this to you Sail, but Krazy Kruizers broke this news to us a number of months ago:)

Thanks to Yonnie for the first notification about this new Tulip and to you Judy for reminding us:)

EDITED TO CHANGE: OVgirl I am sorry, I see it was you who broke the news back in November and not Krazy Kruizers, as I stated. Please accept my apology??

Joanie

Hate to break this to you Sail, but Krazy Kruizers broke this news to us a number of months ago:)

Thanks to Yonnie for the first notification about this new Tulip and to you Judy for reminding us:)

EDITED TO CHANGE: OVgirl I am sorry, I see it was you who broke the news back in November and not Krazy Kruizers, as I stated. Please accept my apology??

Joanie

No need to 'hate to inform' me of anything.

I was busy enjoying two weeks on Westerdam when whomever it was first wrote about it. I wasn't spending time on CC while on the ship and in our hotel for 17 days.

Lucky me, I got to have two weeks cruising and then enjoy learning about the tulip for the first time while I read the lovely new edition of Mariners Magazine. :)

It was 'new' news to me and thought I'd share with others for whom it was 'news'.

I'd rather learn about something twice than not at all. ;)

Thanks, Sail!!!

I would have likely missed it if you hadn't mentioned it!

I love the idea of a gift to high ranking Mariners! (as I hope to be one someday)

:) One cruise after the other after the other and voila.......

Guess who might get some tulip bulbs!!! :D

(but don't count on it. ;) )

Archived