Super Shuttle Process

Cookson

So, what exactly is the process when it's time for them to pick you up? We'll be arriving at LAX... obviously we pick up our bags first. Do we then go outside and wait for the Super Shuttle to pass us? Will there be someone just outside the baggage claim area to help us out? Just need some comfort in how the process works

So, what exactly is the process when it's time for them to pick you up? We'll be arriving at LAX... obviously we pick up our bags first. Do we then go outside and wait for the Super Shuttle to pass us? Will there be someone just outside the baggage claim area to help us out? Just need some comfort in how the process works

Claim your luggage, proceed outside and look for the "shared ride van" sign on the inside curb just outside of baggage claim. The CSR will be dressed in a blue SuperShuttle uniform, and they will assist you.

You can't just jump on *any* SuperShuttle van, they go to other places besides the pier. You will need to be grouped with other passengers going to the same place.

Well, our shuttle will be going to the hotel, not the pier. We'll be staying in Hollywood for two nights. So one particular shuttle will be waiting for us? I'm guessing the SS employee outside calls them or something letting them know we're here?

Well, our shuttle will be going to the hotel, not the pier. We'll be staying in Hollywood for two nights. So one particular shuttle will be waiting for us? I'm guessing the SS employee outside calls them or something letting them know we're here?

No shuttle will be waiting for you. You will wait for a shuttle that is going in the Hollywood direction and will pickup people at all the terminals and possibly circle the airport twice getting people.

No shuttle will be waiting for you. You will wait for a shuttle that is going in the Hollywood direction and will pickup people at all the terminals and possibly circle the airport twice getting people.

Will the shuttle have a number I'll be looking for? Guess the SS employee outside lets us know this?

Many airports have a SuperShuttle Desk in the "Ground Transportation" area, near bagagge claim. After you have your bags, you go there, you will likely pay there, and the person behind the counter will "dispatch" a shuttle for you. You will then be told to go stand in a given location. A shuttle will show up, the driver will announce the destination area, and you get on yours.

Many airports have a SuperShuttle Desk in the "Ground Transportation" area, near bagagge claim. After you have your bags, you go there, you will likely pay there, and the person behind the counter will "dispatch" a shuttle for you. You will then be told to go stand in a given location. A shuttle will show up, the driver will announce the destination area, and you get on yours.

Oh... we don't even pay till the day they pick us up? I haven't reserved a ride yet. Guess they give us a ticket at the desk showing the driver we paid then?

Similar question... the Super Shuttle will pick us up from the hotel in Hollywood. We will pay the driver the $60(trip amount) before he takes us to Long Beach?

Thank you Shuana.

We arrive in Lax and our van is booked to the airport. You're right....don't have to mess with money ...just the tip. And we did get a few $$s off each fare for booking on line.

Will we be on a van that will only go to San Pedro hotels or could it be a mix of hotels?

You're the best!!

For your help, I may just book a ride from the port back to LAX after the cruise is over! We were planning on using a taxi, but you've been great!

Are Super Shuttles rides common from a hotel in Hollywood to the Port of Long Beach? We know it's not the most logical place to stay before the cruise, but we've been wanting to stay in Hollywood for awhile now... so we're simply just doing a 2in1 vacation!

So, what we do is:

1.) Reserve rides online.

2.) Once at LAX, get bags and wait outside at the orange curb and talk to rep for confirmation

3.) Get in Van and get to hotel!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO

Thank you Shuana.

We arrive in Lax and our van is booked to the airport. You're right....don't have to mess with money ...just the tip. And we did get a few $$s off each fare for booking on line.

Will we be on a van that will only go to San Pedro hotels or could it be a mix of hotels?

You're the best!!

Sorry, I meant that the van is to pick us UP at the airport and shuttle us TO our San Pedro hotel. I should have re-read my post more clearly.... We only need shuttle from airport. So I guess the van will be heading only to San Pedro and close vicinity.??

When you arrive, you'll follow the signs to baggage claim and pick up your baggage. From there, you'll head outside to the curb (we do not have a ground transportation desk at LAX). There are orange signs overhead that will guide you to "Shared Ride Vans" (that's us!) Once you find the loading zone, look for our agent. They should be dressed in a blue or yellow sweater/shirt/vest. - Shauna from SuperShuttle

Not totally correct. The Super Shuttle areas at LAX are now directly in front of each terminal at the *inside* curb, and are no longer on the traffic island under the overhead signs. In other words, after exiting the terminal you do *not* cross any traffic lane. You will see unlit signs on metal poles, and the employee that Shauna described. Here's specific info directly from their website: http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/LAXAirportShuttleLosangeles.aspx

Also, driver's tip is payable in cash or by credit card. One comment is they understandably want to handle credit card transactions right away as they are leaving the airport...so you're paying a tip for service you assume will be good. Cash tip can be paid when you arrive at your destination.

• 3 months later...
Do you need to make a reservation or can you just go the the representative at the curb and tell him you are going to the port?

I've arrived at LAX many times with no advance shuttle reservation and have had no trouble arranging for a ride with the representative at the curb (but I would not necessarily be so confident about OTHER airports - even those in the greater Los Angeles area - without actual experience).

I'm not sure that having an advance reservation makes that much difference. Maybe it saves a couple of bucks, but I doubt it gets you a ride any quicker. Your mileage may vary. :-)

I've arrived at LAX many times with no advance shuttle reservation and have had no trouble arranging for a ride with the representative at the curb (but I would not necessarily be so confident about OTHER airports - even those in the greater Los Angeles area - without actual experience).

I'm not sure that having an advance reservation makes that much difference. Maybe it saves a couple of bucks, but I doubt it gets you a ride any quicker. Your mileage may vary. :-)

Excellent! Thank you.

Archived