Breakaway Inaugural Weekend

KevinsCruising

Hi,

Does anyone know what is being planned for the Breakaway Inaugural Weekend? I know its from May 10th to the 12th and by invitiation only. You cannot purchase tickets for it. ( that I know of ) Its also a weekend cruise to nowhere...just a big party but thats about all I know.

Thanks

[quote name='KevinsCruising']Hi,

Does anyone know what is being planned for the Breakaway Inaugural Weekend? I know its from May 10th to the 12th and by invitiation only. You cannot purchase tickets for it. ( that I know of ) Its also a weekend cruise to nowhere...just a big party but thats about all I know.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

That is good to know, I was thinking about booking 1st (overpriced) cruise but if all the real happenings will be the weekender i wont bother
Thanks for the heads up!

Thats what I heard. I am one of the lucky ones to be invited. I will post a lot of pictures. I did hear about Katie giving her guests an invite. I wish I knew about special entertainment and events that will be happening. I am sure something will come out when it gets closer.

[quote name='iimmie']That is good to know, I was thinking about booking 1st (overpriced) cruise but if all the real happenings will be the weekender i wont bother
Thanks for the heads up![/quote]

Kevin Sheehan is going to be on the inagural Bermuda cruise. I think they're giving away prizes and a bunch of other stuff. There was a thread on it awhile back.

[quote name='SliceOfLife']Kevin Sheehan is going to be on the inagural Bermuda cruise. I think they're giving away prizes and a bunch of other stuff. There was a thread on it awhile back.[/QUOTE]

Hi. Will Kevin be on the May 10 or the May 12 sailing.
My inlaws are on the May 12 sailing and I would like to let them know.
I'll be on the July 21 sailing and can't wait, Kevin or no Kevin!

[quote name='js']Hi. Will Kevin be on the May 10 or the May 12 sailing.
My inlaws are on the May 12 sailing and I would like to let them know.
I'll be on the July 21 sailing and can't wait, Kevin or no Kevin![/quote]

It's May 12, the Inaugural Bermuda cruise. Here is the email people received.

[B]Kevin M. Sheehan[/B]
Chief Executive Officer October 16, 2012

Dear Cruiser,
The launch of [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] is quickly approaching and I would like for you to be the first to experience all that our newest ship has to offer.

I am so excited that this fantastic ship will embody the best of [B]New York[/B] City and have the most magnificent amenities at sea. As you may know, I am a lifelong New Yorker and couldn’t be more proud to unveil this new ship that will homeport in my hometown. [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] is inspired by [B]New York[/B]‘s best with three Broadway shows, our celebrity chef Geoffrey Zakarian and iconic Godmothers the Radio City Rockettes.

The list of [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B]‘s amazing features goes on and on. Experience The Waterfront, our innovative new design that will allow you to be oceanside while having dinner or a cocktail. Step inside to 678 [B]Ocean Place[/B], the dynamic three-level space that is the heart of the ship. And you can’t miss my favorite aspect of the ship our three-story sports complex that features an [B]Aqua Park[/B] at sea, miniature golf, a basketball court and our first ever ropes course with its signature “plank” feature that will extend eight feet over the side of the ship.

Please join me on [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B]‘s inaugural seven-day sailing from [B]New York[/B] to Bermuda on May 12, 2013. As a guest on this sailing, you will receive the [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] commemorative book, a special inaugural certificate, a souvenir tote bag and some other surprises. While I am onboard, I will host a meet and greet session and perhaps even a pick-up basketball game on the sports deck!

I look forward to seeing you on board!

Sincerely,
[IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/52/2076736576/ksign.gif[/IMG]
Kevin M. Sheehan
CEO

[quote name='SliceOfLife']It's May 12, the Inaugural Bermuda cruise. Here is the email people received.

[B]Kevin M. Sheehan[/B]
Chief Executive Officer October 16, 2012

Dear Cruiser,
The launch of [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] is quickly approaching and I would like for you to be the first to experience all that our newest ship has to offer.

I am so excited that this fantastic ship will embody the best of [B]New York[/B] City and have the most magnificent amenities at sea. As you may know, I am a lifelong New Yorker and couldn’t be more proud to unveil this new ship that will homeport in my hometown. [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] is inspired by [B]New York[/B]‘s best with three Broadway shows, our celebrity chef Geoffrey Zakarian and iconic Godmothers the Radio City Rockettes.

The list of [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B]‘s amazing features goes on and on. Experience The Waterfront, our innovative new design that will allow you to be oceanside while having dinner or a cocktail. Step inside to 678 [B]Ocean Place[/B], the dynamic three-level space that is the heart of the ship. And you can’t miss my favorite aspect of the ship our three-story sports complex that features an [B]Aqua Park[/B] at sea, miniature golf, a basketball court and our first ever ropes course with its signature “plank” feature that will extend eight feet over the side of the ship.

Please join me on [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B]‘s inaugural seven-day sailing from [B]New York[/B] to Bermuda on May 12, 2013. As a guest on this sailing, you will receive the [B]Norwegian Breakaway[/B] commemorative book, a special inaugural certificate, a souvenir tote bag and some other surprises. While I am onboard, I will host a meet and greet session and perhaps even a pick-up basketball game on the sports deck!

I look forward to seeing you on board!

Sincerely,
[IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/52/2076736576/ksign.gif[/IMG]
Kevin M. Sheehan
CEO[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I just sent to my mother in law!

[quote name='KevinsCruising']Hi,

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KevinsCruising']Thats what I heard. I am one of the lucky ones to be invited. I will post a lot of pictures. I did hear about Katie giving her guests an invite. I wish I knew about special entertainment and events that will be happening. I am sure something will come out when it gets closer.[/QUOTE]

Wow, KevinsCruising, that is AWESOME! Congratulations! Okay, so I personally have no idea what is being planned but if this inaugural sailing is also the christening sailing, then you can expect WAY more than just a party. It is a party that starts the moment you get onboard and does not stop until you walk (or crawl or dance your way) off the ship. The rockettes, the christening, the Norwegian big wigs, and I mean all the big wigs, along with some famous people, and Norwegian's vendors, agents, partners, and other invited guests should all be there celebrating. If you got an invitation to this...my one recommendation is to rest up before you arrive! Looking forward to reading about what you think! P.S. On the Gem all beverages were complimentary the entire two days...found this out too far into the first night so I had some catching up to do. Even so, once you find your spot for the evenings, it can not hurt to give a handsome cash tip to your favorite bartender. They will remember you above the masses also in line for a cocktail. I hope you have a blast! :D

coka

Archived