Please tell me the deal about owning Carnival stock?

wannabealaskabound

To apply for your CCL shareholder onboard credit you have to fill out a form and send the form plus proof of stock ownership to get the onboard credit applied to your booking. I use a discount TA and have always received the onboard credit. There are probably fares that don't allow you to use the shareholder benefit but I've never had a problem and I don't recall anyone posting here on CC that said they didn't get the onboard credit. Others will chime in if they have different information.

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock, you get an OBC every time you cruise on one of their ships. The amount is:

Less than 7 days = $50

7-13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

You must apply each time.

Gack! That's what we didn't do yet... we already booked our next cruise, but haven't purchased the stock yet - can we purchase the CCL stock now and have the onboard credit applied to our already booked cruise?

Celine

To apply for your CCL shareholder onboard credit you have to fill out a form and send the form plus proof of stock ownership to get the onboard credit applied to your booking. I use a discount TA and have always received the onboard credit. There are probably fares that don't allow you to use the shareholder benefit but I've never had a problem and I don't recall anyone posting here on CC that said they didn't get the onboard credit. Others will chime in if they have different information.

I've received the OBC even on a highly discounted last-minute sale. If I recall correctly it isn't applicable to fares such as employee or TA fares.

Gack! That's what we didn't do yet... we already booked our next cruise, but haven't purchased the stock yet - can we purchase the CCL stock now and have the onboard credit applied to our already booked cruise?

Celine

Yes, my recent applications have only been accepted after final payment.

Celine

I believe the OBC can be applied anytime up to a week or so from the sailing, but that is all specified on the form you fill out and send in.

Celine

Celine,

You have to get on the ball. Buy the stock asap. You don't have to own it when you booked the cruise.

It may be simpler to have them give us the credit. :)

Is there a form? I just sent a letter with my booking number and personal info, and my most recent brokers statement showing my carnival shares. Just did it this AM. Will someone let me know if I should have downloaded a form?

Please, does anyone have the correct address for the Stockholder Benefit Request. On December 7th I sent my request via US Postal service to the following:

Booking Support

24844 Ave. Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I checked My Princess account today -- NO onboard credit!! Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions about getting the credit.

Thanks

John

Is there a form? I just sent a letter with my booking number and personal info, and my most recent brokers statement showing my carnival shares. Just did it this AM. Will someone let me know if I should have downloaded a form?

I have never used the form, and always gotten the credit on the first try. I used to always email it with the proof of ownership attached. They no longer accept email requests, so I faxed it last time.

I have never used the form, and always gotten the credit on the first try. I used to always email it with the proof of ownership attached. They no longer accept email requests, so I faxed it last time.

Thanks Paul

Sounds like a good idea.

What is the FAX number that you use?

I used 661-753-0180, as Princess suggested a couple of days ago....

Thanks Paul, will hope no form works for me too....

I include our names, booking number, cabin number, ship and sailing date along with the proof of ownership.

Here's a link to the latest form if you care to use it however the last I heard they no longer accept requests via email. I believe that sometime in spring they will extend the program until summer 2014 & they'll have an updated request form.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=242602&d=1345337358

Celine,

You have to get on the ball. Buy the stock asap. You don't have to own it when you booked the cruise.

It may be simpler to have them give us the credit. :)

LOL!! Gee, how thoughtful of you, Paul!! ;):p

We're going to get on it right away... I knew we were forgetting something!!

Celine

Archived