Oct 10-24-Mariner Hong Kong to Singapore

Aloha,We will be joining you on this cruise also. Very much looking forward to meeting all of you. We are leaving on a June 18th Wind Star cruise Istanbul/Athens, so will do some planning upon our return. We will check this posting to see whats going on then.

Mahalo,

John & Christina

We did the same cruise you're on on Wind Star several years ago; and we just got back from nearly the same cruise on Crystal except thqt it started in Venice, looped over to Ephasus, the then returned through the islands to Athens.

Best bets on your Windstar cruise are the bazaars and jewelry shops in Instanbul; views and photos of the Bosphorus; Ephesus - as amazing this time as a few years ago; and the ship itself.

When you get into planning the Hong Kong trip please let us know. We'll also be spending an extra day at each end in Hong Kong and Singapore and we're now researching where to stay.

I've been to HK many times; the last in Aug/Sep 2002 with my wife. I've got a very detailed report of places to stay, things to do and places to go, which I can e-mail to you if you like. At least it will give you a lot of good planning ideas. Back channel me at dougburns1@cox.net if you want it. We stayed at the Harbour Plaza Hong Kong and it was fantastic. In Singapore this past Spring we stayed at Raffles for 3 days pre-cruise. Would highly recommend the RSSC post cruise package there. You won't be disappointed. The Night Safari at the zoo is a must. Singapore is a lovely city and it's very clean. Traffic is a problem though and that's one reason why I'd recommend the RSSC post-cruise. You are limoed everywhere and the drivers and guides are really knowledgable. Raffles is a fantasic experience in itself.

Archived