11:30 flight SEA after Miracle Alaska Cruise

MNelson486

Hello All,

I have never cruised from the Port of Seattle and am wondering your take on an 11:30 flight from SEA. We would catch a taxi from the port to the airport. Is this doable? Too stressful? The Carnival guidelines say noon. There is a $200+ price differential to leave at 1:50 or we could leave at 6:45 pm but do not get back until way late and with 2 young kids, I would prefer to get home,

Please advise... and thanks!

You will make it especially if you do self disembark.

My husband will NEVER let me forget that I booked a 3PM flight for us after our Alaska cruise because I was afraid we wouldn't make an 11:30 flight.

We arrived at the airport at about 8:30AM and we couldn't get on ANY of the earlier flights so were stuck waiting until our afternoon flight!!!

If you are concerned about the 1130am flight being a bit early, consider spending the night in Seattle and flying out the next morning. That's what we are doing and we are saving $900 by taking a 6am flight the following morning. Plus we'll get to do some sightseeing in Seattle before going home!

Hotel prices by the airport are pretty reasonable. We locked in the Hilton at $89! :D

If the ship is in on time and has no delays with customs/immigration, and if you do self-debarkation and take a taxi directly to the airport, you should make it, but it could be stressful. The taxi fare should be around $45-50. However, I personally wouldn't take the chance. I would book a later flight or as a previous poster mentioned, stay overnight near the airport and take a morning flight.

Thank you All for your ideas.

I hate the idea of being stressed at the end of a wonderful vacation and although I know that I could probably make it -- I will probably take the 6:45 flight.

I wish we could stay another night, but this cruise being Tuesday to TUesday makes that tricky. I already have to take 7 days off and cannot afford another one!

I might look at some shore excursions in Seattle that could keep up busy for a few hours and Seattle has Delta Sky Club -- the kids like to hang out in there!

Thanks again!

I wish we could stay another night, but this cruise being Tuesday to TUesday makes that tricky.

If you didn't purchase the non refundable Early Saver rate, would you consider NCL, Princess or Holland America? They sail Saturdays and Sundays from Seattle making it a bit "less tricky" to take days off from work. In addition to that, they visit Glacier Bay (which Carnival doesn't). And in addition to that, we found considerably cheaper rates (than on Carnival) on both NCL and Holland America since they have excellent 3rd and 4th guest rates.

Just food for thought.

Archived