Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Thanks Zydeco -- we will be on the Conquest for the first time from OSJ to MIA. We've sailed the Glory, but a while ago. We will look for all the places on the ship that you've shown us. :)

And will probably not eat all the food you showed us. Just some of it. :D

You're welcome! and heck - isn't that cruise 8 days instead of 7? Should be a piece of cake. or a Guy's Burger. or something. :D

Were the pork dishes any good?

This one was pretty good, but I only got a taste. That's all Elizabeth would give me.

The Jerk Pork I thought was a little dry but the sauce was pretty good. I need to try it again to see if it was an off night or if that is how it is. I think next time will be a different.

In the past, I have enjoyed the pork dishes on Carnival.

The perfect ending was the first meal once off the ship!

DSC_2413_DxO.jpg

a cup of seafood gumbo

DSC_2414_DxO.jpg

and a combination shrimp and oyster poboy, dressed

DSC_2416_DxO.jpg

there is no SUBstitute for a New Orleans Poboy! :D

Looks delish! Where is this?

Looks delish! Where is this?

It WAS! :D

Not technically in New Orleans but in Kenner near the airport.

Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar

3203 Williams Boulevard Kenner, LA 70065

Great value and food and popular.

Next door is Fisherman's Cove where you can purchase fresh seafood to take back home.

Sarge -

Is there a "typical" order to the Breeze 8 - day MDR menus?? I know the can be in any order - but is there a regular cycle?? :confused:

I know that they have moved Elegant night to Monday on our sailing to accommodate the Super Bowl. Does that mean that day 2 and 3 just flip flop - or does that kind of change effect the entire weeks cycle??

We are trying to figure out which evening we want to do the Steakhouse and we usually base that on the MDR offerings. So that is why I am trying to figure this out.

Thanks!

Sarge -

Is there a "typical" order to the Breeze 8 - day MDR menus?? I know the can be in any order - but is there a regular cycle?? :confused:

I know that they have moved Elegant night to Monday on our sailing to accommodate the Super Bowl. Does that mean that day 2 and 3 just flip flop - or does that kind of change effect the entire weeks cycle??

We are trying to figure out which evening we want to do the Steakhouse and we usually base that on the MDR offerings. So that is why I am trying to figure this out.

Thanks!

Probably. 8 Day menus are usually 7 day menus plus menu 15 stuffed in the middle somewhere. I think they are about to change the menus, anyway.

Switching elegant nights around does not necessarily mean they switch menus around. Perhaps just clothes.

I would wait until on the ship and ask the maire d' what the order is and/or make reservations for a couple of nights at the steakhouse and cancel whichever one you don't want.

Sorry.

Probably. 8 Day menus are usually 7 day menus plus menu 15 stuffed in the middle somewhere. I think they are about to change the menus, anyway.

Switching elegant nights around does not necessarily mean they switch menus around. Perhaps just clothes.

I would wait until on the ship and ask the maire d' what the order is and/or make reservations for a couple of nights at the steakhouse and cancel whichever one you don't want.

Sorry.

Thanks!

Sorry.

One other question - if you don't mind....

Are all of the menus available on the TV when you board - or do they still post them one day at a time? :confused: I can't remember.... :o

Thanks!

You're welcome.

One other question - if you don't mind....

Are all of the menus available on the TV when you board - or do they still post them one day at a time? :confused: I can't remember.... :o

I don't mind. I just may not know the answer. Like now. :)

If you are referring to Breeze, I definitely don't know, but probably they are posted. On Conquest, the interactive part was screwed up for much of the cruise and by the time it was working, I already knew the order of the menus, but yes, they were there.

In either case, what they post on the TV is the standard rotation, and if they change things on a given cruise, what is on the TV probably won't show the changes.

Hope this helps!