New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

You could have a look at booking via a us TA. It may give you surprise.

I was told that for some cruise lines booking using a US ta and a UK residential address could mean refusal for boarding? not sure how tough celebrity are on this - I have done if with other lines in the past that allowed a US TA and a UK address

In this case I have already booked but not made final payment - many US clients are taking up the offer of the drinks package on existing bookings. UK celebrity are a no at the moment.

Edited by jerseylily
typo

Hi host andy - did celebrity say anything good or bad for non US clients - did they say they had seen the comments being posted here and elsewhere?

Hi Jerseylily,

I've passed along the comments from the thread, but I'm unsure whether Celebrity will reply to me, or on this thread. I absolutely love helping our community, but that's as far as I can go, regarding this item.

Edited by Host Andy

I have answered my own question.

Well after about 40 minutes on hold to X Oz, spoke to a helpful consultant.

Two outcomes.

Cruise that had gone beyond final payment (March 13 Sailing - South America) - No Go.

Cruise in January 2014 Asia - No problems, prices had not changed. They had to cancel and re-book because I booked on a special some time back where 50% deposit was payable only.

So worth the call I think.

Happy sailing all.

Congratuations!!

You did better than me - after hours on hold, speaking to various supervisors I got told NO. I re-shuffled my cruise date as they would not allow me to cancel & re-book on that same sailing. I'm tempted to contact them to let them know how I feel right about now...

Hi Mike,

My guess is, the total amount will be included on the invoice. The breakdown is $10.00 per person per day + $1.50 pp per day gratuity, which totals $11.50 per person, per day.

Does this answer your question ? If not, please let me know.

For what it's worth, my TA confirmed that the "15%" comment on my form applies to if I upgrade to a different package.

The TA was also able to get half my deposit back since I booked on the 12th and they changed the promotion on the 16th! It should take a week to process, I was told, but that's fine.

Managed to book a cruise today for March 2014 ulilizing the 50% deposit promotion, and free beverage package deal. The agent at Celebrity was very helpful in allowing me to book the second guest as TBA. I know it's a long way off, but the price was right, and free booze can't be beat! :D

Tony

Hi, I understand that UK cruisers have very different protections as consumers. Perhaps that's why they do not get the same offers as the US cruisers.

If a company has to provide a different level of protection for consumers then the rules probably will be different.

Hi All

I've now had a response back from Celebrity which I've copied below:

"Thank you for your recent email. I can appreciate your frustration at

seeing an International offer or promotion that cannot be applied to your

booking as you have booked in the UK. I copy below the terms and

condition taken from the US website for this new promotion you will see at

the end of the first large paragraph it is clearly stated that this offer

does not apply to UK Bookings.

CELEBRITY CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO

$10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE

FUEL EXCEEDS $65 PER BARREL.

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08 and based

on double occupancy.

Cruise must be booked Jan. 7–27, 2013 (the "Offer Period"). Offer applies

to 3–night or longer cruises departing Feb. 2013–Apr. 2014 (the "Offer

Cruise"); excludes Celebrity Xpedition® cruises. During the Offer Period,

book a qualifying Europe cruise and choose two of the following options, or

book any other qualifying cruise and choose one of the following options:

Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit

of one Offer per stateroom. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms.

Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and

includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to

$8 per serving, select fountain sodas, fresh squeezed and bottled juices,

premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are

included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package

upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrade onboard.

Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for

prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in

the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines.

Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of

cruise nights: 3–5 nights $100; 6–9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300.

OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not

redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night

of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of

booking.

To redeem offer contact your travel professional, call Celebrity Cruises at

1-866-212-2702, or book through the itinerary links above and then call to

choose your offer.

Offer is non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No

refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is applicable to new

individual bookings and bookings named and deposited within a group during

the Offer Period. Offer is subject to availability and change without

notice, capacity controlled, not combinable with any other offer or certain

price programs, including Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air,

interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates, and may be

withdrawn at any time. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted

groups. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of

cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer."

Therefore I know different countries run different promotions but I'm finding more and more about offers across the world but not UK so will definately be trying Princess after this year. (Cannot afford to lose our deposits already paid this year and find a cruise which matches the dates!).

Really disappointed (as I suspect USA cruisers on when UK offers are on that they can't use). Seems one rule for one country and one for another with significantly better offers for everyone bar UK residents. :mad:

I will read the rest of the thread but so far haven't seen the answer to this question:

Is the 'upsell' from the classic drinks package to the 'premium' $10 pp per day? (That is the price difference between the two packages on their website.) Thanks.

Sure thing! I went to "View My Reservation" and it was under cruise extras. I've attached a screenshot!

hx17cp.png

And this is what appears on my Invoice:

qwzgjs.png

Same here. Exactly 2 weeks. Booked on January 8th. Its there. I never had any doubt. :)

So when they say it can take a couple of weeks it can,so there you go.

Thanks for posting that! I'm glad to see it showed up. I hope that is the case for everyone.

Someone mentioned having an option to pay for the upgrade in the "beverage package" section. Now that yours is posted, I'm wondering if you have that option?

Thanks again.

Sue

That option was there the first day after I booked, then it disappeared, today the classic promo package showed up, but no option to upgrade currently on the webpage.

Dreaming of the day when they will get their act together to run a respectable webpage with the options they should have there. :D

Edited by Bosjoe

I just wanted to thank everyone on CC that posted about the 123 promotion. We are cruising in the med in August, a trip that we booked back in April. I would never have thought that we would have been eligible to get these benefits as our cruise had been booked a long time ago. Thanks to everyone here, I called my TA this morning and by this afternoon she called back to let me know that she was able to get us the deal. We are so excited! You guys are the best:)

My husband was able to order the specialty tea at Cafe al Bacio with his classic non-alcohol, I just wish I would have had him try to order the croccantes and frappes!

What is a croccantes please and what kind of frappes are available. I read the list of available drinks more than once and do not recall seeing those mentioned.

What is a croccantes please and what kind of frappes are available. I read the list of available drinks more than once and do not recall seeing those mentioned.

They are on the last page of the cafe al bacio menu. The croccante is an espresso drink with granola and caramel syrup. Here is a link to the menu that shows what exactly is available, they are under other favorites and more favorites.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Hi Dizney,

It depends when you booked. It states that it may take up to 10 days to be applied to your booking. Have you asked for a Guest Booking confirmation from your TA ? If not, I suggest asking for a copy, if it's beyond 10 days.

I hope this helps !

I will read the rest of the thread but so far haven't seen the answer to this question:

Is the 'upsell' from the classic drinks package to the 'premium' $10 pp per day? (That is the price difference between the two packages on their website.) Thanks.

Hi Cpl100,

The upgrade to the Premium package is $11.50 per person per day (10.00 + 1.50 for the gratuity). I hope this helps !

Should I be concerned that the drink package still doesn't show up on my res yet? I got it the first few days through my TA. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While on board Constellation two weeks ago, we booked one future cruise (w/drink package promo) on January 8. Then, two days later, we went back and booked another voyage, also with the drink package. Today, the first booking we made two weeks ago displayed the drink package when viewing our reservation on line (it didn't yesterday). The second reservation shows nothing. I'm certain in a few more days it will display on the second booking.

Patience is a virtue! ;)

Edited by BEAV

Remember back in November and December this board was full of queries and anticipation that Celebrity would offer reduced pricing on beverage packages come January?

Well, we got what we asked for. And a WHOLE lot more......

Thanks, Celebrity ;)

Remember back in November and December this board was full of queries and anticipation that Celebrity would offer reduced pricing on beverage packages come January?

Well, we got what we asked for. And a WHOLE lot more......

Thanks, Celebrity ;)

Well you got it if you came from the USA or Canada at least!!!!!!:(

Well you got it if you came from the USA or Canada at least!!!!!!:(

Hear Hear...spare a thought for the UK and non US passengers who have got no where on this - this has really taken a shine off the cruise I have coming up. :(

Agreed; and it seems that Celebrity are not going to respond with an explanation as to why we are deemed excluded to Host Andy, or indeed on these boards/threads.

Hear Hear...spare a thought for the UK and non US passengers who have got no where on this - this has really taken a shine off the cruise I have coming up. :(

Same here.

I see a number of people on our roll call who have gone past final payment and are now getting the Premium Alcohol package for $11.50 a day. Stings a bit when we're being asked to pay $50+ per day.

Told the DW about it the other day and she was so annoyed she's insisting we go back to Princess next time :(

Hi Dizney,

It depends when you booked. It states that it may take up to 10 days to be applied to your booking. Have you asked for a Guest Booking confirmation from your TA ? If not, I suggest asking for a copy, if it's beyond 10 days.

I hope this helps !

Good advice as usual. Thanks Andy! :-)

While on board Constellation two weeks ago, we booked one future cruise (w/drink package promo) on January 8. Then, two days later, we went back and booked another voyage, also with the drink package. Today, the first booking we made two weeks ago displayed the drink package when viewing our reservation on line (it didn't yesterday). The second reservation shows nothing. I'm certain in a few more days it will display on the second booking.

Patience is a virtue! ;)

Thanks BEAV! You are one lucky duck with all those planned cruises! :-)