Nachi Cocom- is it necessary to pre-book snorkeling tour?

rjm11

I have just reserved Nachi Cocom for our cruise in March (with 7 ships in port our day!)- I think we will probably be interested in the snorkeling excursion while we are there, but I don't know how many of us will want to do it, and I don't know what time will end up working best. Has anyone run into trouble booking once you get there? Anyone gotten told they were already all filled up? We have our own equipment if it matters.

In addition to the OP's question, I would love to hear more about their snorkeling tour. We want to go to Nachi while we're in port, but we'd like to snorkel too. We've been debating stopping somewhere like Playa Corona on route or doing the tour at the beach.

Anyone have any direct experience with Nachi's snorkeling tour?

I did not take the tour, but the dad and son inthe group next to us lat time did. They booked it after sitting down, left about an hour later and were gone about 90 minutes. Said they stopped at 3 spots, the snorkeling was great, and paid $35 each if I recall (the Dirty Monkey i drank for breakfast that visit might have affected my memory :o). Good luck! :)

if I recall (the Dirty Monkey i drank for breakfast that visit might have affected my memory :o). Good luck! :)

We just returned from Nachi 2 weeks ago...that dirty monkey will get you every time! I had quite a few in me that day.

As for snorkeling, I was wondering about what there was to see there. I took my snorkeling equipment and there was absolutely NOTHING there to see...from the beach. I had no idea it was a "tour" that you had to go on. That explains it. lol :p

We just returned from Nachi 2 weeks ago...that dirty monkey will get you every time! I had quite a few in me that day.

As for snorkeling, I was wondering about what there was to see there. I took my snorkeling equipment and there was absolutely NOTHING there to see...from the beach. I had no idea it was a "tour" that you had to go on. That explains it. lol :p

Perhaps it's the time of year then because our last 2 visits to Nachi were in March and we snorkeled off the beach and saw some fish. I wouldn't call it great but it was nice.

Archived