fort Lauderdale Parking

richardj450

We parked at the cruise port on our last cruise out of Ft.Lauderdale for $15 per day. If you are walking off early, it's a fast exit. Have not tried some of the off site lots but may try this cruise because of the 10 days at sea.

You didn't say where you are from, but many (including Floridians) take advantage of stay and park programs at local hotels. We have used Stay 123 several times. Last month we paid about $100 and that included 14 nights parking, free shuttles, the room, and a breakfast. I like waking up an not having to worry about a thing. Plus, we always enjoy a precruise dinner with others from the roll call.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D:D Bob and Phyl

You didn't say where you are from, but many (including Floridians) take advantage of stay and park programs at local hotels. We have used Stay 123 several times. Last month we paid about $100 and that included 14 nights parking, free shuttles, the room, and a breakfast. I like waking up an not having to worry about a thing. Plus, we always enjoy a precruise dinner with others from the roll call.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D:D Bob and Phyl

Paying $15 a day at the port garage is theft. For a 14 day cruise that amounts to $ 210. I can get a hotel for a lotFairfield Inn & Suites/Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

2081 Griffin Rd

Dania Beach, FL 33312

954-981-2700

less than that including taxi fare to and from that includes free parking.

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to use Premier in Miami, but it had some bad reviews. Did the cruise terminal instead--$20 a day. Someone on our sailing wrote a review and had a bad time with Premier. Check Reviews--Celebrity Constellation 7 January 2013.

has anyone tried premier parking in ft lauderdale? they would save me about $20 for 2 weeks of parking as opposed to the park n go. just wondering if they are reputable?

Since both Park N Go and Park N Fly are reported as reliable, why risk your vehicle for about a savings of 1.40 per day? That is chump change compared to the value of your vehicle and the cost of your cruise.

If you are coming from out of town with a car would definitely choose a hotel with free parking we have not done that from Ft. Lauderdale...but definitely from MIA and it is way cheaper...the hotels usually give you free transport to the port of course you give a tip and then get a taxi back it is way better than the $20 per day charge....every time

We stayed at the Hyatt Place on 17th street. Beautiful hotel and with the room rate were able to leave our car for up to 14 days. We will never go back to parking at the pier it's just too expensive. The Hyatt has a shuttle to and from the port and is close to a lot of restaurants, etc. Also it is next to the plaza where Total Wine is so that is extra handy.

• 5 weeks later...

NEVER NEVER USE PREMIER PARKING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Just returned from a cruise Feb 23, 2013. We had been told we had to park in their overflow lot. Every complaint I've found about "premier" has mentioned this overflow lot. We were told we had to leave our keys which NO ONE in our group was comfortable with. Why would they need to move our vehicles if we supposedly have a reservation for a parking space? Yes, we ended up paying for two extra people in OUR vehicle. I still haven't figured that out. Upshot is when we returned from the cruise my Brother and Sister-in-law noticed their rental car was unlocked. The inside of the car was trashed. Some personal items that had to be left in the car before we left were stolen. The items had been hidden, only found if some jerk was was deliberately searching the vehicle. The police were called and a report was filed. The police informed my B and S-in-law that another customer had the same kind of item stolen from her car at premier last week. It had to be an inside job. UPSHOT: premier parking employs Criminals. They insist you leave your keys. The Officers asked where they keep the keys. The keys are kept on the back seat of a vehicle the employees use!

1. what did the main entrance sign say when you entered. Please leave keys with Attendant?

2. Did you get the persons name you left your keys with, and am sure there would have been a sign in front saying the rules and regulations.

Rules do not leave keys in car,

We are not responsible for stolen articals

Not trying to sound harsh Sounded like you were set up for a fall. Number rule, nevefer trust anyone.:)

Ft Lauderdale parking if main port is full you go to the next one called long term, and park your car there. You Lock it, show absolutely nothing in the open, and your ticket stored in a safe place

15.00 is not highway robbery, Living in this world is highway robbery

We have used both ParkNFly and ParkNGo over the years; most recently Dec 15-22 we used ParkNGo. I prepaid to save about $2.50 per day. When the porter brought us to the spot where shuttles pick people up there was a ParkNGo van/bus there, however it was full. Driver said he would call for another. I also called the company to request a van and within 15 minutes a van arrived and a 2nd one was pulling into cruise ship pickup area while we were pulling out. We got off about 9:30. We always request a late departure time because we are not having to get to a flight. Both companies are good ones to use.

I have found that the earlier you prepay the lower the price -- for a weeklong cruise leaving Easter Sunday, the prepay now is $30 less than regular rate.

We have also used Park N Go and found them to be very good. My only complaint is that they keep raising their prices as they become more established and people keep giving them good reviews! Although its still about half the price if you book online compared to parking at the port. It is now $19/day at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, compared to the $7.99/day I prepaid for Park N Go. Both times when we came back from our cruise their were already shuttles there waiting for people. We basically walked off the ship, went through customs and were able to get right on a shuttle.

has anyone tried premier parking in ft lauderdale? they would save me about $20 for 2 weeks of parking as opposed to the park n go. just wondering if they are reputable?

There are a ton of bad reviews about this outfit.

1. what did the main entrance sign say when you entered. Please leave keys with Attendant?

2. Did you get the persons name you left your keys with, and am sure there would have been a sign in front saying the rules and regulations.

Rules do not leave keys in car,

We are not responsible for stolen articals

Not trying to sound harsh Sounded like you were set up for a fall. Number rule, nevefer trust anyone.:)

Ft Lauderdale parking if main port is full you go to the next one called long term, and park your car there. You Lock it, show absolutely nothing in the open, and your ticket stored in a safe place

15.00 is not highway robbery, Living in this world is highway robbery

I was the one that was robbed...and there was NO SIGNS at all. There wasn't even a sign for the parking lot. We were called by the company the day before and told we had to park in an overflow lot. We were booked in what was their original lot and we ended up in a fenced in area in back of a club and next to a bank. There were people in the uniforms of the company we paid for. They said they had to have the keys in case they needed to move the vehicles to the back and they would move our vehicles up front the morning we get back. We didn't leave the key in the car. My car was locked and the attendant had the keys. When we arrived back from the port yesterday, one attendant was sitting in a black car with all of the keys from the other cars spread out in the back seat. Only to find (once the police arrived) that this was a customer's car that he was sitting in and using. He admitting that he had unlocked our car and that he gave the keys to another person working there. The police told me that a few weeks earlier, there was a woman who came back from her cruise to find someone had smoked pot in her car and left a bud. Even the police want this lot shut down.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and use Park N Go every time I fly out of FLL, which is frequent. They're very good.

One time, I returned to my car after being gone for two weeks. I immediately saw the passenger side window taped over with a bunch of black plastic. At first, I was furious -- thinking someone had broken into my car and broken the window when I was gone. Then, I jumped in and realized that I had forgotten to roll up my window. The great folks at Park N Go were nice enough to protect my car during my two-week trip (they didn't have my keys and had no way of rolling up my window). It had rained nearly every day while I was gone -- my interior would have been ruined if they hand't put up the plastic.

Here's a hint to save quite a bit of money: Go to the Park N Go website and prepay online. Their pre-paid costs are much cheaper than paying at the window.

Archived