If there was a mandatory " Dress Up Only "

sixthree

If there was a mandatory " Dress Up Only " resturant on your ship, would you attend ?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a mandatory " Dress Up Only " resturant on your ship, would you attend ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

What's the point? :confused: If it were on Carnival, they wouldn't enforce the "mandatory" dress code anyway.

Bring back the good old days of "jackets required" every night.

I always dress up if DH isn't with me. He reserves shirt & tie for Weddings and Funerals. He does however dislike having to stand in line to get his dinner meal.

I am always on the lookout for sales on formal wear. I love having pictures made with DD on formal nights. It's fun to look back now to see how she has grown up.

And by the way... They used to lock the door to the dining room after 10 or 15 minutes so that everyone was seated and served at your table at the same time. You didn't have to sit there for 20 to 30 minutes waiting on your "rude" tablemates that decided not to come to dinner.

I would attend if I liked what was on the menu, but not specifically because of the opportunity to dress up.

And by the way... They used to lock the door to the dining room after 10 or 15 minutes so that everyone was seated and served at your table at the same time. You didn't have to sit there for 20 to 30 minutes waiting on your "rude" tablemates that decided not to come to dinner.

If your tablemates didn't feel like dressing for dinner, liked what was served at the buffet better, overslept from a nap, weren't hungry at the designated dining time, etc., does that make them rude?

If your tablemates didn't feel like dressing for dinner, liked what was served at the buffet better, overslept from a nap, weren't hungry at the designated dining time, etc., does that make them rude?

it makes them rude when dinner is served at 5:45 and they dont show up til 6:30.. Designated dining times are there for a reason. there are over 2000 people that need to be fed. Sitting at a table with other passengers it throws off the wait staff. 15 minutes should be tops that a person arrives late for dinner..

I do think some ships close the door within a time after dinner is served. I know on the Miracle for late dining the sign said dining room closed

it makes them rude when dinner is served at 5:45 and they dont show up til 6:30.. Designated dining times are there for a reason. there are over 2000 people that need to be fed. Sitting at a table with other passengers it throws off the wait staff. 15 minutes should be tops that a person arrives late for dinner..

The post I was replying to didn't say they came late, it specified "rude tablemates that decided not to come to dinner".

No, I would not go if I had to dress up. I have a hard time doing the 2 nights as it is. I have even gone down to 1 pair of dress pants and 2 tops.

Besides, I'm on vacation, I want to relax and who can relax in panty hose, yuck!!!!

What's the point? :confused: If it were on Carnival, they wouldn't enforce the "mandatory" dress code anyway.

Bring back the good old days of "jackets required" every night.

I agree...and yes I would attend. Several times, if not every night at that.

Archived