Can you tell me what's included in the purchase of an Oceana cruise?

maggieq

Looking at going on another Regents cruise for a special treat. I like the itins that Oceana offers, however, not sure what is included. I do enjoy the fact that Regent offers everything from airfare, precruise hotel, transfers, excursions and "ai" cruising.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Looking at going on another Regents cruise for a special treat. I like the itins that Oceana offers, however, not sure what is included. I do enjoy the fact that Regent offers everything from airfare, precruise hotel, transfers, excursions and "ai" cruising.

Oceania is not as inclusive as Regent and therefore less expensive!

Take a look at any cruise on their website and you'll get a list of what is included- usually air, no hotel, transfers, liquor (except in large suites) or excursions. You pay for all of these these in your Regent fares.

As you probably already know, Oceania is Regent's sister cruise line, under the same overall managment. However, while Regent is All Inclusive, Oceania is "ala carte" on many of the amenities.

Oceania offers airfare, using the same air department as Regent (so service will be similar); however, Oceania does not regularly offer Business Class upgrades. Coincidentally, however, Oceania has just announced a promotion in which Business Class upgrades are offered.

Oceania does not offer PreCruise hotels on a regular basis. They are sometimes offered as a promotion, but I do not believe any are currently offered.

Transfers are not complimentary. Further, they are considered to be expensive when arranged by Oceania; most people arrange their own transfers. If you prefer the cruise line to handle them they are available.

Excursions are not included. Many guests consider this an advantage over Regent, because they want to arrange their own private excursions without having paid for them in the cruise fare. However, there are package plans available that discount the excursions.

Oceania does include all soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees, etc. Alcoholic drinks are not included, but there are two available beverage packages for a fee. One is a lunch and dinner package for wine (and I think beer) and the other is a premium beverage package that provides much the same adult beverage privileges as Regent. I believe the current costs are approximately $35 per day and $55 per day, per person. They can be purchased at any time during the cruise, but must be purchased for all the remaining days.

Regent do-it-yourself laundry is included, but costs $2 per washer and $2 per dryer load on Oceania.

Internet is included on Regent once you have achieved Silver status (21 days or more), but is not included on Oceania. Package plans are available at various costs, or unlimited internet access is available for approximately $25 per day.

The attraction of Oceania versus Regent is that once can pick and choose what amenities one wants to add to the cruise fare, instead of paying for things that possibly may go under utilized. The attraction of Regent, of course, is that one has already paid for almost everything and no longer has to be concerned about it.

This is a general answer to your questions; precise details should be taken up with your travel agent, who I hope is as familiar with Oceania as they are with Regent.

I am a long time Regent passenger who now sails Oceania because I like to be able to have the option to get anything I want only when I want it and not have stuff forced on me drinks..hotels..shore excursion...

Regent has for me gone too all inclusive. Leaves me with no option to be independent.:cool: I like the ala carte idea being flexable.

Not shure about Regent provioding artificial intelligence... AI how would you utilize that

The only thing I'd like you add to the above is that if you want a cabin anywhere near the size of Regent you have to book a PH on Oceania which means you will be paying about the same even if you only include tips and drinks, though many times TAs include the tips. Otherwise you will be sailing in much smaller and more cramped accommodations.

Oceania offers airfare, using the same air department as Regent (so service will be similar); however, Oceania does not regularly offer Business Class upgrades. Coincidentally, however, Oceania has just announced a promotion in which Business Class upgrades are offered.

hondorner, would you mind providing a link or pointing me to where I could find details on this promotion? My wife and I are looking at considerable flying time and would certainly be interested in an option to fly a little more comfortably.

hondorner, would you mind providing a link or pointing me to where I could find details on this promotion? My wife and I are looking at considerable flying time and would certainly be interested in an option to fly a little more comfortably.

Sure. On Oceania's website, in a section entitled promotional emails or something like that -- click here.

I didn't read all the details, because we're booked up through May, 2014, but I would guess that only certain under-booked cruises are eligible. The Business Class upgrade is shown at $799, less than the $999 Regent usually gets. Usually, these upgrades are per person and per direction --- in other words, two upgrades per person for a round trip.

Sure. On Oceania's website, in a section entitled promotional emails or something like that -- click here.

I didn't read all the details, because we're booked up through May, 2014, but I would guess that only certain under-booked cruises are eligible. The Business Class upgrade is shown at $799, less than the $999 Regent usually gets. Usually, these upgrades are per person and per direction --- in other words, two upgrades per person for a round trip.

Thanks for that (and quick, too). :)

Unfortunately, our itinerary isn't part of the program. :(

...Not shure about Regent provioding artificial intelligence... AI how would you utilize that

Oh just think, it would know which restaurant you wanted to dine in before you got there! And it would know which drinks you like in the bar (oh, the waiters already learn that in a couple of days, don't they?) :)

The only thing I'd like you add to the above is that if you want a cabin anywhere near the size of Regent you have to book a PH on Oceania which means you will be paying about the same even if you only include tips and drinks, though many times TAs include the tips. Otherwise you will be sailing in much smaller and more cramped accommodations.

I don't believe that to be necessarily true on the new, larger ships, right? I think the standard balcony cabins are a good size--not quite as large a standard cabin on Voyager or Navigator, but probably about like Mariner?

But that being said, we chose a PH for our first Oceania trip this fall.

Archived