Closest Hotel to Bayside Marketplace ?

Ykgorbie

I stayed at the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami a few years back before a cruise and it was right across the street from Bayside... We walked over for dinner and wandered a bit...

It was a nice, comfortable hotel... Reasonably priced... I think they offered a shuttle to port the next morning but if I recall there was a charge and a cab ended up being more reasonable and allowed us to leave in our own time...

There was a restaurant and we had breakfast buffet there... Pricey for breakfast, I thought...

We would stay there again if sailing from Miami.

The Holiday Inn POM and the Intercontinetal are going to be the 2 closest. The Holiday Inn is right across the street. The Intercontinental is about 2-3 blocks south of Bayside Marketplace.

No DT hotel offers a shuttle;

Actually the Hampton Inn Brickell offers a package with transport for two to the port, discounted parking, and a free cocktail. But keep in mind from downtown Miami to the port is a $10-$15 cab ride. Cab fares in Miami are by the car, not by the person.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but with great free transportation options in downtown Miami, I wouldn't limit my search to just the proximity of Bayside.

All downtown hotels are a block or two from a Metromover Station or a Miami Trolley stop.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but with great free transportation options in downtown Miami, I wouldn't limit my search to just the proximity of Bayside...

So agree with you now that we have "been there/done that" several times, but for first timers, I think it makes sense they would want to stay close to the port. We are in the middle of planning a Baltic cruise now and are looking at exactly that, just for convenience' sake. *shrug*

This will actually be our second time in Miami. We spent 5 nights there pre-cruise in Oct.'12. Just want to be fairly close to the Bayside so we can do some shopping. We live in a kind of remote place with extremely limited shopping. It's a 15 hour drive to get to Edmonton for us ! So, not that it's the only thing we wanted to do, but we enjoyed walking around the Marketplace when we were there last.

We stayed at the Intercontinental. Bayside is a short 5 minute walk through Bayfront Park along Biscayne Bay. Intercontinental is a fairly nice hotel which can usually be booked through Hotwire, Priceline or Last Minute Travel for a reduced rate. I think we paid less than $100. Ask for a port view room so you can see your ship when you wake up.

This will actually be our second time in Miami. We spent 5 nights there pre-cruise in Oct.'12. Just want to be fairly close to the Bayside so we can do some shopping. We live in a kind of remote place with extremely limited shopping. It's a 15 hour drive to get to Edmonton for us ! So, not that it's the only thing we wanted to do, but we enjoyed walking around the Marketplace when we were there last.

Curious to know - how many flights/hours does it take you to fly to Florida?

Curious to know - how many flights/hours does it take you to fly to Florida?

Yellowknife - Edmonton, just under 2 hours

Edmonton - Toronto, 4 hours

Toronto - Miami, 3 hours

which, when adding in all of the airport/checkin/waiting around time, adds up to a LOT. That is why we're in the habit of doing B2B cruises....WAY too expensive to go all that way for only a week.

Wanted the Intercontental for precruise night in May 2013. Had it last time we cruised from Miami, loved this hotel and booked it on Hotwire for around $100. tried to book it the other day, but was totally booked for the night pre cruise. Googled the date and the U of Miami is graduating that night. Booked Holiday Inn instead, not as nice a hotel but across from Bayside Market and close to the ship. Glad I booked when I did or maybe we wouldn't have any room.

Yellowknife - Edmonton, just under 2 hours

Edmonton - Toronto, 4 hours

Toronto - Miami, 3 hours

which, when adding in all of the airport/checkin/waiting around time, adds up to a LOT. That is why we're in the habit of doing B2B cruises....WAY too expensive to go all that way for only a week.

I don't blame you for the B2Bs, that is too much travel for a short cruise! Does Bayside Market have a good variety of shops?

I don't blame you for the B2Bs, that is too much travel for a short cruise! Does Bayside Market have a good variety of shops?

An ok variety of shops...DH was in dire need of some water shoes and was able to find a pair on sale at a small Sketchers store - 2nd pair was 50% off, so I got some for myself too. There are a lot of restaurants including a Hard Rock cafe, so it was a nice place to walk around.

Archived