Askwith

Askwith

Our Celebrity Equinox cruise sails from Barcelona on 29th May 3013, it's our first cruise,any tips or helpful hints would be great, It is My 75th birthday while we are at sea, so we are thinking of going to one of the specialty restaurants, can we book in advance?

Pat

Welcome to Cruise Critic --

Yes, you can book the Specialty Restaurants in advance.

For future posts, try to put something other than your name at the subject line -- and do come back often if you have more questions.

Be sure to go to your cruise's Roll Call and check in there to meet others on your cruise. And sign up for the Connections party, as well.

One of the best features of this board is that it is searchable. If you have a question, perhaps (probably) others have asked the same thing in the past and you may be able to find the answer by doing a search.

There is a long thread on 'celebrity secrets' which would be worth browsing through. Yes, definitely book a special night...and I recommend murano which IMHO has the best food and most romantic atmosphere....it is our favorite on the equinox....and the equinox is our favorite celebrity ship. Have you chosen early, late or select dining? Or are you in aqua class. We can help...just ask...with a title that hints at what you want :)

Our Celebrity Equinox cruise sails from Barcelona on 29th May 3013, it's our first cruise,any tips or helpful hints would be great, It is My 75th birthday while we are at sea, so we are thinking of going to one of the specialty restaurants, can we book in advance?

Pat

Welcome Askwith to CC, and to cruising. Boy, that cruise is a long way away (3013 :eek:). I hope you enjoy the cruise and your very special birthday. Cheers:D

There is a long thread on 'celebrity secrets' which would be worth browsing through. Yes, definitely book a special night...and I recommend murano which IMHO has the best food and most romantic atmosphere....it is our favorite on the equinox....and the equinox is our favorite celebrity ship. Have you chosen early, late or select dining? Or are you in aqua class. We can help...just ask...with a title that hints at what you want :)

We haven't chosen any times yet for dining, is it best to do that before we board?

We are not in aqua class

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If I may suggest...choose Select dining if it is still available. It will give you more freedom as you can adjust your dining schedule to your days onshore.

Please utilize the Roll Call. Planning excursions is daunting and the groups that your fellow sailors put together are often far more enjoyable than the ship's tours. These excursions are normally groups of no more than 14 in Mercedes type vans that can travel roadways that the large tour busses cannot. You will see more, and more efficiently, in small groups with closer access to sites, and normally the guides lead you past long lines to access sites quickly. This is illustrated by being dropped 1/2 block from the Trevi Fountain, or bypassing lines at St. Peters, driving up to the steps of the Acropolis, or being able to drive all along the Amalfi coast. By traveling with a small group you will not waste time waiting for passenger #38 to board the big bus as he (or she) decides to return to that cute little shop with the clocks.

Have a wonderful time planning your perfect 75th birthday.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If I may suggest...choose Select dining if it is still available. It will give you more freedom as you can adjust your dining schedule to your days onshore.

Please utilize the Roll Call. Planning excursions is daunting and the groups that your fellow sailors put together are often far more enjoyable than the ship's tours. These excursions are normally groups of no more than 14 in Mercedes type vans that can travel roadways that the large tour busses cannot. You will see more, and more efficiently, in small groups with closer access to sites, and normally the guides lead you past long lines to access sites quickly. This is illustrated by being dropped 1/2 block from the Trevi Fountain, or bypassing lines at St. Peters, driving up to the steps of the Acropolis, or being able to drive all along the Amalfi coast. By traveling with a small group you will not waste time waiting for passenger #38 to board the big bus as he (or she) decides to return to that cute little shop with the clocks.

Have a wonderful time planning your perfect 75th birthday.

Great advice. I do caution that a lot of private excursions will not provide refunds if you cannot make the excursion for some reason or other (i.e couldn't dock or tender due to bad weather). :D

Archived