a couple questions for 1st timer...on sky

stacijake

We will be going on the Sky, Jan 18th.

Ports are Great Stirrup and Nassau

Should I leave my wedding rings at home?

Has anyone one taken a case of water as a checked piece of luggage?

We drink a lot of water.

And any other helpful hints from experienced Sky cruisers to have a great time...besides tips and friendliness :)

Thank you! Getting very excited

We drink a lot of water.

And any other helpful hints from experienced Sky cruisers to have a great time...besides tips and friendliness :)

I'm not sure why you would leave you wedding rings at home, so don't know. Reference water, most ports you can tag it and check it as luggage. However, the ships' water is excellent. It is distilled to more pure levels than some bottled water I suspect. Many folks just take maybe a bottle or two in carried on luggage and then refill the bottles with ship water. In Nassau, if you ever wanted to ride Segways, there is an excellent private Segway tour available. It was fun.....except my wife wants a Segway now.

In regards to the wedding ring, we have heard (prob rumors) of womens rings getting stolen off of them??? I just had mine resized and it doesnt seem possible so i was just checking what others do...

Great tip on for the water! THANKS!

Oh a segway, sounds fun. We are having a hard time deciding on excursions, so much fun stuff to do! And so little time!

In regards to the wedding ring, we have heard (prob rumors) of womens rings getting stolen off of them??? I just had mine resized and it doesnt seem possible so i was just checking what others do...

Great tip on for the water! THANKS!

Oh a segway, sounds fun. We are having a hard time deciding on excursions, so much fun stuff to do! And so little time!

I guess crime can happen anywhere. But no...just rumors. At any port stop just use reasonable caution with any valuables, money, purse, wallet, the same as you do in many US cities. Vendors can be occasionally aggressive, not physically, but annoying. However, they are just trying to make a living. Just politely say no. I you do get interested in a Segway tour, I recommend the following. There are several companies that have names that sound similar. Be sure you get on the correct one. Again, we really enjoyed this one.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d1885210-Reviews-Bahamas_Segway_Beach_Experience-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

As for leaving rings at home....not a bad idea. I recently lost mine, and only know I had it a few days before snorkeling in Antigua. Don't know if I lost it while snorkeling, but I won't take the chance again. Luckily I have jewelry coverage on my homeowners policy so it paid a good part of my upgraded ring. Lesson learned.

We drink a lot of water.

Why would you leave your weddings rings at home? There is a safe in your cabin to store valuables. Yes, you can check a case of water. Put a luggage tag on it. However, the water on the ship is fine to consume.

I have a review from the Sky in my signature.

There is a room safe. Also my rings aren't coming off my fingers easily.

I felt safe in Nassau, love it there!

The Dawn was selling water (and I assume all are) Liters are $5 and they have a deal is you buy 6 bottles. Yes it costs more but you don't have to lug a case of water with you.

The water served on the ship and at the buffet taste great too.

OP, it's a really good question about the ring. I've read in a lot of places that you are better off not wearing jewelry generally when you are travelling. Why attract attention and give folks an opportunity to target you? That's the thought, I guess.

I'm glad you are sailing on the Sky. Plan for fun in concentrated doses. :cool: Enjoy!

Thank you all for your tips! Ring is staying home and we are just going to take a couple bottles of H20! Cant wait getting so excited for our 1st cruise!! :-D

Start saving up for your 2nd. It's very addictive. If while on board you do think you will be doing it again, look into purchasing a future cruise credit. It's $250, but you get an immediate $100 back in on board credit. And the full $250 can be used as deposit for any future cruise within the next four years.

Archived