Scared by RCI e-mail.

Dayenu

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]5 days till the cruise, 2 days till the flight. Got an e-mail from RCI to complete online check-in. WHAT??? :confused:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]This was done 1.5 months ago! So logged in to double-check... all done. Called their 800 number - confirmed, all completed. GRRRR :mad:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Why are they doing it? :rolleyes:[/FONT][/SIZE]

It is just a reminder to complete your online check in. If you have already done it then you have nothing to worry about. No reason to call and be angry about it. Some people lose track of time and need friendly reminders. Other's, like yourself, are on top of things and have their ducks in a row months ahead of time!

[quote name='Dayenu']Tyler, if this was a general e-mail, I wouldn't worry. Mine started with: Dear Dayenu, before you arrive...

It really looked like sent to me personally. :o[/quote]

Yeah, that's the risk of personalizing automatically-generated emails!

[quote name='Dayenu'][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]5 days till the cruise, 2 days till the flight. Got an e-mail from RCI to complete online check-in. WHAT??? :confused:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]This was done 1.5 months ago! So logged in to double-check... all done. Called their 800 number - confirmed, all completed. [B]GRRRR[/B] :mad:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Why are they doing it? :rolleyes:[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

Really? Wouldn't be so upset - it's just follow up. And if you had not done it - as I guess by the fact they issue the email there are people that don't - it would be a good reminder that you would be glad to have received. Go and enjoy your cruise.

Annoying isn't it? We paid about 10 days before final payment was due and still received messages right up until the day before! I logged in to check that everything was in order each time!

Archived