Mens dress code

laceydog

so to be clear - for men slacks, polo and sportcoat is acceptable for MDR on Non Formal Night

Yes?

Jeans without rips and any collared shirt is fine on non-formal nights so definitely yes.

A reminder to all about the dress codes.

Whatever you see in the MDR was approved by the cruise line personnel or it wouldn't be there.

Accept it and the people wearing it --- they may be very nice people.

I agree they may be nice people , just think in main dining room people should make the effort to look nice and not be to casual. My opinion

I checked with Celebrity regarding formal night attire for men. My husband has no problem wearing a dress shirt, sports coat and nice trousers but hates to wear a tie. They told me that he would be just fine in that attire.

Me too I hate ties I plan on a sports jacket, slacks, dress shirt and we won't be eating in the MDR but in Blu.

Me too I hate ties I plan on a sports jacket, slacks, dress shirt and we won't be eating in the MDR but in Blu.

Plenty of tie-less men in Blu on formal nights in my experience. Personally I haven't worn a tie in 25 years so I can't see how they are ever anything but optional.

Plenty of tie-less men in Blu on formal nights in my experience. Personally I haven't worn a tie in 25 years so I can't see how they are ever anything but optional.

Makes sense since in Blu you do not need a jacket or tie on any night whether it be formal or not.

Congrats on your lenghty retirement.

Haha. If only. I guess I've just been lucky that people have always been more concerned with how I do my job than what I wear.

I once worked at a place where I wore jeans to work everyday and no one seemed to notice. One day the guy sitting next to me wore jeans and he got hauled into the boss's office and told don't do it again.

I have no idea how I've been able to get away with flaunting dress codes all my working life but whatever I'm doing seems to work. I guess I just don't draw attention to myself.

Archived