cabin choice

abqmommyof4

i've been on 4 cruises now. 3 on princess 1 ov, 1 balcony, 1 interior and 1 on carnival balcony

It may just be my opinion, but i was perfectly happy in the interior room. We didnt spend much time in the cabin, except for sleeping.0

we are going a cruise again in december of 2013 (dd katy is getting married, and currently we are booked in 3 OV obstructed GTY) and ive decided to change 2 of them to interior cabins.. ill save $1000 a cabin and can use that money to pay for more stuff on board.

besides the way I look at it as long as I am on a cruise I am happy.

i've been on 4 cruises now. 3 on princess 1 ov, 1 balcony, 1 interior and 1 on carnival balcony

It may just be my opinion, but i was perfectly happy in the interior room. We didnt spend much time in the cabin, except for sleeping.0

we are going a cruise again in december of 2013 (dd katy is getting married, and currently we are booked in 3 OV obstructed GTY) and ive decided to change 2 of them to interior cabins.. ill save $1000 a cabin and can use that money to pay for more stuff on board.

besides the way I look at it as long as I am on a cruise I am happy.

Yes, a choice of cabins is a very personal and subjective choice. We do not stay in anything less than a suite. We enjoy the suite and the perks that go with it. So if you enjoy an interior cabin, be happy you got your choice, and as you said, you're on a cruise, so you're happy.:)

We book interiors, outside obstructed or balcony only if the price differential isn't too great. It is a personal decision, and for us it boils down to being able to take more cruises if we do a less expensive cabin. We used to always book balconies, and my luck we were always next to balcony chain smokers. So, we tried cheaper cabins and found that we liked them and loved the savings!!

To each their own!!

Cabin choice is very personal. We could not stay in an interior for 5 seconds. We usually choose balconies for longer cruises and most times obstructed OV's for short ones. Just off the Ruby 2 days ago; we had obstructed. Let there be light! ;) At the end of the month we board the Grand for 49 days. For this one we had to have a balcony.

I'm with Pia. While I often book a balcony, I've also had oceanview and once an inside. The only type I won't book again is an inside. As Pia says, it's a personal choice and it's not for everyone. Even though I didn't do anything other than sleep in the cabin, I never adjusted to the lack of any light in the cabin. It was as pitch black at 8am as it was at 3am.

I agree with all other comments that cabin selection is very personal.

Since you are on the fence about booking an inside and seeking input I thought I would toss in my 2 cents.

We always book inside cabins and love them. The cost savings enables us to spend/do more on the ship and cruise more often.

We have always found that our sleep quality in an inside cabin is great.

We just returned from a Christmas cruise in South America (not Princess) and it was clear that the Ocean was rough one night. We slept soundly through it. At breakfast many of the other passengers with a window/balcony commented that the pounding rain and thunder kept them awake.

My husband and I just laughed to ourselves because we didn't know it was raining/thundering. :-)

$1000 per cabin price difference to move to an inside cabin is a lot of money and is worth your consideration.

One other point, you menitoned that you will have multiple family members on your cruise. Can you all get cabins on the save deck? We have been successfull at that when crusing with family. We each have different needs/budget so we are able to get a variety of cabin types on the same deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have had everything from inside to BA on Caribe. I really liked those Caribe balcony staterooms. However, the last time it was on the Grand. Since on that ship the Caribe balconies only have two chairs and a very small side table, I don't see much added value over a balcony stateroom on the other decks. Yes, the Caribe bal. is bigger...but to what purpose if you don't get enough furniture to eat a meal out there and you only have two chairs...not even an ottoman.

On my next cruise I have booked an inside. That decision was solely based on cost. At this time, that is the most important factor for me. When our finances ease up it will be back to a balcony. If I had more disposable income I would surely book a higher category or choose to cruise multple times per year.

Whichever you choose...have a great time. :)

I agree with all other comments that cabin selection is very personal.

Since you are on the fence about booking an inside and seeking input I thought I would toss in my 2 cents.

We always book inside cabins and love them. The cost savings enables us to spend/do more on the ship and cruise more often.

We have always found that our sleep quality in an inside cabin is great.

We just returned from a Christmas cruise in South America (not Princess) and it was clear that the Ocean was rough one night. We slept soundly through it. At breakfast many of the other passengers with a window/balcony commented that the pounding rain and thunder kept them awake.

My husband and I just laughed to ourselves because we didn't know it was raining/thundering. :-)

$1000 per cabin price difference to move to an inside cabin is a lot of money and is worth your consideration.

One other point, you menitoned that you will have multiple family members on your cruise. Can you all get cabins on the save deck? We have been successfull at that when crusing with family. We each have different needs/budget so we are able to get a variety of cabin types on the same deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

not sure about getting them all on the same deck, thats not really important to us, besides we want the bride and groom as far away as possible sothey can have have their privacy....( i will be the only one who knows and I wont be sharing the information with anyone especially her 2 younger brothers) I honestly didnt mind the interior cabin

hile cabin selection is personal, I have no problem with an interior. Especially if you are doing a full canal on the Coral or Island. We had no problem on our Canal transit on the Coral with an interior. We had many places to sit and read in full view of the sea. There is a lot of open deck space as well. We never felt lacking of sunshine or fresh air.

Also, we had an interior on the Emerald deck near the stern. On that deck there is an observation deck that runs the width of the ship. There was almost never anyone out there when we were. Often, I would get up in the morning and go out there and watch the sunrise and smell the fresh air on a huge deck-all to myself.

So, yes, an interior proved to be a great way to save money for better things for us. But each to his own.

Archived