How to handle a husband that is not as excited as you

We have had a rough year and a half and have booked Oasis for this Aug. I am beyond thrilled and want to talk about it everyday dh on the other hand could care less. He claims he will get excited when we are on the ship. To me part of the fun is the planning and talking about it. How do you handle a situation like this?l this will also be our first vacation with out kids ever!!

We have had a rough year and a half and have booked Oasis for this Aug. I am beyond thrilled and want to talk about it everyday dh on the other hand could care less. He claims he will get excited when we are on the ship. To me part of the fun is the planning and talking about it. How do you handle a situation like this?l this will also be our first vacation with out kids ever!!

My DH was the same way so I just gabbed to everyone else...Now he does all the talking. :)

I think this is pretty commen. My husband says the exact same thing. I ignore him and keep on talking.:D

Ha!:p. I am in the same boat. I sign us up for roll call. As long as he can have a drink, he doesn't care where we go or who we talk to.

My DH doesn't care either!! Must be a man thing. I have learned not to let it bother me. He isn't going to ruin my fun!

Hey now! ;)

Goes both ways. I'm the crazy planning nut for my little group of four. My friends tell me that they're perfectly happy with "Tell us what our cost is" and they don't have to do much at all by way of planning. My GF has been getting a good laugh out of me for a while now since I've had paperwork stashed in the laptop bag for a month or more. :D

Right there with you.

I figure I'll spend the next 7 months planning, squirreling money away and shrinking.

Then watch his reaction when he first sees the Rhapsody ( At the rate the weight loss is going, I want a reaction on formal night, too!)

My DH is just now getting into the trip coming up next month...we booked it in January of 2011:eek:. He listens when I talk, but I've learned to keep it short and sweet and then move on. The only thing I push him on is deciding which port(s) he's going to dive in on the trip - generally start the research for him and then present to him to pick. Then I find the dive company and book everything for him:p. BUT he's a blast once we get on vacation - and I always try to get another couple or two to go with us so I have someone to plan with;).

My husband and I were on the Enchantment about 5 years ago. He was not impresed at all so I started taking my daughter with me ever year. This year he is joining us along with 10 of our friends/family. We will be on the Allure (my 2nd time) and I hope this is much better for him. I want him to love cruising as much as I do!

My husband is the same way , sniff sniff.

One day I was telling him something and I could tell he "left the building" So I continued..... I had a heart attack today at lunch time so I didnt get a lunch, went to the er and they served me lunch...

nothing..didnt hear me ..finally, I got very funny!

He gets excited when we board the plane..til then nothing.

Husbands can be old poops. Leave him home and sail with a best gf. Sailing with husbands can be a pain in the a@!, If you have to make sure they will have fun activities. Why are women so much resourceful in cruise planning than their husbands? Because husbands rely on their wives to do everything!:o

Ok, let the husband responses roll.

I must be the odd man out. My wife and I always share the same level of excitement about our Cruises and everything associated with the Cruises. From the moment we book the Cruise to the moment we return home. To keep the excitement going we always have another Cruise booked for the following year so we never get the Cruise withdrawals. Even though we repeat a lot of the same Ports we still get excited. Different Cruise line, different ship, different people, different entertainment, different food and sometimes even a different Port. It’s all good.

It's a man thing. My husband is the same way, which is why I play around on this site, there are so many here who love it as much as I do. My hunny gets into it the few weeks before, we leave in a few days, and he has spent the last week or so watching youtube vidoes of Maho or beaches or Barbaods, it will come. He just has fun his way and you have fun your way. Congrats on the family vacay!

Archived