Breakaway Itinerary....Any Thoughts???

martyap

We booked the 12/8 Breakaway out of NYC. The itinerary is not very exciting and we will probably not be in "warm" weather until Tuesday. Does not seem that Port Canaveral will allow us many options getting in at noon.

Any thoughts? Will the Breakaway experience make up for the so-so itinerary? I know it is a brand new ship that has not sailed yet but interested in any thoughts.....

Sun New York, New York 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida noon 9:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun New York, New York 8:00 am

We did this itin on Gem December 2011. It's not the greatest, but who cares, it's a brand new ship so I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

We got warmer weather by the first sea day--by afternoon we were in shorts enjoying the outside. GSC water was a bit chilly as was Nassau, but warmer than the jersey shore ever gets! We didn't care. Was a great cruise anyway.

have a great trip. there will be lots of reviews on Breakaway soon--including mine!

We just came back from this same trip on the Jewel in December 2012!! It was our first cruise, so we had a fabulous time. At Port Canaveral, we did the Kennedy Space Center - great learning! Even though we got there at noon, we were able to see most of the attractions. At the Bahamas we walked the "strip", and even ate local Bahamanian food! Awesome. It was warm enough to wear shorts by Tuesday.

We've booked the Breakaway for Sept. 2013 Bermuda, and I gotta say....I'm not sure I'll be getting off this new ship AT ALL!! LOL...:):)

I feel like Breakaway will be more similar to Epic in term of entertainment/onboard activities than other NCL ships. Based on this assumption, many people say that a week is not enough to experience all the Epic has to offer. That being said, I don't agree - I didn't find Epic to have an overwhelming amount of things to do (especially as I am very hesitant to pay additional for experiences like Cirque Dreams).

I went on the same itinerary in 2011 when our Bermuda cruise was re-routed due to a hurricane and agree that the ports are nothing great. Great Stirrup Cay might be nice once all the renovations are completed - a relaxing beach day. I think most would recommend the Bermuda itinerary over the one you booked, but I think you'll have fun either way. This itinerary gives you more time to enjoy the new ship!

The Florida/Bahamas itinerary is less than exciting, but the ship is the reason for booking. We may not even leave the ship -- well, except when they force us off back in New York!:D:D

Loved the Epic, and especially the entertainment. Expect the same great time on the Breakaway.

And now FIREWORKS!! Woo hoo!!!! My cup runneth over.

We did this itinerary on Disney Magic this past June (so a couple of differences between our cruise and yours). It really was a boring itinerary but for us most of the experience was the ship. We just did our first NCL cruise a month ago on the Epic and LOVED it. We're not expecting to be disappointed when we sail on the Breakaway in June. Worst case is that you stay on board and enjoy the ship.

The only problem with sailing from NYC on a 7 night is the limited itinerary options. I'm not really thrilled with 3 days in Bermuda but I'll survive. :D

The only problem with sailing from NYC on a 7 night is the limited itinerary options. I'm not really thrilled with 3 days in Bermuda but I'll survive. :D

That was my initial thought, but now after researching all that Bermuda has to offer I found out that I will stay busy for 3 days with different activities each day. I do however have to admit that I will miss not being on a moving ship for the two nights that the ship is stationed there.

We will see how it plays out. I think in any case for us the ship is the destination, much like Allure was.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Breakaway for November 2013 to the Bahamans/Florida and am so looking forward to a nice, relaxing cruise and enjoying what the ship has to offer.

This past November we did a 7-day Southern Caribbean cruise, we went to 5 ports (plus the homeport of San Juan) and although we enjoyed it throughly, it was exhausting!

I like that the Breakaway will take us to Great Stirrup Cay instead of Freeport like the the other ships leaving out of NYC. And I LOVE having to just roll out of bed and onto the ship ... no pre-cruise hotels, no luggage limitations, no airline tickets!!

We just booked the Breakaway today for Bermuda, but we have a long wait till May 2014. Was able to book a forward Penthouse S7 with Haven access for nearly the same price that we booked an aft-facing balcony on the POA so it seems like a good deal to me.

For anyone hesitant about Bermuda, we were there this past Fall and it is wonderful. 3 days is really not enough! So many things we did not get to see and we barely saw what was in the Kings wharf, shops, bars, etc either. It is so nice to be able to come and go at your leisure day and night.

So excited, can't wait:D

Archived