Must do's on Oasis

Go to the Ice Show, and, as I remember, Come Fly With Me. Don't miss Hairspray or the Aqua Show. Also for a very nice evening try 150 Park Central. It is a gourmet tasting menu (small portions, but very gourmet). Takes a couple of hours but very nice. Try to make the 70's night on the Promenade.

Shows - Ice show one of my favorites, Hairspray and the Comedy Show.

Restaurants - you have read - free Park Cafe its great - lunch in the MDR great salad bar

Extra fee - 150 but check out the menus to make sure its worth it for you, I liked Giovannis better than Chops. Splurge is the Chef's Table.

What are the things we must do on oasis? We love flow rider and all the other sports but what restaurants should we try what shows should we make a priority to see?

My information comes from my cruise on Allure, but as they are nearly identical, this should apply:

Park Cafe: Try their "Egg McMuffins" for breakfast, and the roast beef sandwich for lunch. Free.

Wipeout Cafe: Delicious pretzel-wrapped hot dogs. Yes, you read that right! :D Free.

Solarium Cafe: A more low-key buffet with some healthier offerings, very nice for lunch. Free.

Johnny Rockets: Complimentary breakfast (good omelettes), lunch and dinner has a fee.

Spa Cafe: Healthy offerings only. Wraps, soups and salads mostly. Free.

Sorrentos: Italian pizzeria, and a cool build-your-own pizza bar. Also good salads. Free.

Boardwalk Dog House: Specialty hot dogs. Free.

Boardwalk Donuts: Coffee and donuts in the morning. Free.

Promenade Cafe: Sandwiches, cookies and pastries are free. Specialty coffees are extra.

150 Central Park (upscale dining), Chops (steakhouse), Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse), Izumi (Sushi bar) and Giovannis Table (family-style Italian): All have a cover charge.

IMPORTANT: Do not go to the Windjammer. Ever. It's a complete train wreck on that class. Way too small, and too many people still programmed to only eat at the buffet. Go to ANY of the other free restaurants for better food and much smaller crowds.

My information comes from my cruise on Allure, but as they are nearly identical, this should apply:

Park Cafe: Try their "Egg McMuffins" for breakfast, and the roast beef sandwich for lunch. Free.

Wipeout Cafe: Delicious pretzel-wrapped hot dogs. Yes, you read that right! :D Free.

Solarium Cafe: A more low-key buffet with some healthier offerings, very nice for lunch. Free.

Johnny Rockets: Complimentary breakfast (good omelettes), lunch and dinner has a fee.

Spa Cafe: Healthy offerings only. Wraps, soups and salads mostly. Free.

Sorrentos: Italian pizzeria, and a cool build-your-own pizza bar. Also good salads. Free.

Boardwalk Dog House: Specialty hot dogs. Free.

Boardwalk Donuts: Coffee and donuts in the morning. Free.

Promenade Cafe: Sandwiches, cookies and pastries are free. Specialty coffees are extra.

150 Central Park (upscale dining), Chops (steakhouse), Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse), Izumi (Sushi bar) and Giovannis Table (family-style Italian): All have a cover charge.

IMPORTANT: Do not go to the Windjammer. Ever. It's a complete train wreck on that class. Way too small, and too many people still programmed to only eat at the buffet. Go to ANY of the other free restaurants for better food and much smaller crowds.

Oasis does not have a Dog House on the Boardwalk. You can get a corn dog at the Boardwalk Bar.

I liked the Solarium very much. Quiet and relaxing! And until 3pm, between naps, put on your flip-flops, dash into the Solarium-Restaurant and grab some healthy sweets. I loved the sugar-free chocolate chip cookies and the yoghurt cups with berries!

Know where the secret passageway is on deck 14 to get to the forward balcony.

It is in the corridor on the port side. Also, if you are an early riser like me, the access door will be locked until about 8:00 AM. But, if you press your hands against the glass and push it, you can then wedge your fingers in the opening and force it open and get on the forward deck.

Know where the secret passageway is on deck 14 to get to the forward balcony.

It is in the corridor on the port side. Also, if you are an early riser like me, the access door will be locked until about 8:00 AM. But, if you press your hands against the glass and push it, you can then wedge your fingers in the opening and force it open and get on the forward deck.

and can you get back in??

we skipped the headliner tour (tony tillman) and skipped hairspray, but saw the rest of the shows and they were all excellent so I would try to see them all.

We ate at chops, izumi, and giovanis and they were all great.

Go to the Ice Show, and, as I remember, Come Fly With Me. Don't miss Hairspray or the Aqua Show. Also for a very nice evening try 150 Park Central. It is a gourmet tasting menu (small portions, but very gourmet). Takes a couple of hours but very nice. Try to make the 70's night on the Promenade.

I love shows, and will try to go to them all.

But, if you and your family are not show people, don't go. Or at least don't try to go to them all. There are SOOO many of them, that IMHO, you should try to see the ones you have no idea about- aqua show, come fly with me, etc. So that you can find out if you like them. Not being a big fan of so many shows, you may find yourself not liking them more, since it can be stessful to see them all. For sure, we will try to see them all, and if we are not hungry for dinner, maybe even twice.

It's just that there are so many things to do- focus on what you WANT before just filling the schedule.

We loved doing breakfast in Central Park. Especially on rainy mornings where we could get under the two covers and just relax. We also like to walk Central Park before bed- it's very quiet out there in the evening.

The floating bar is pretty cool, too, which was a good way to go UP to Central Park for our evening pre-bed walk.

Gee, I sense a theme to the place we liked best on the ship.... :o:D

the one that really surprised me was the ice show, I figured it wouldn't be too interesting but we stopped in one night and it was fantastic

Did they have the sand artist?

That was the most amazing show I have ever seen anywhere. ... bar none.

Archived