Name Change (Early Saver Fare)

Avril

Thanks Gregg! :D I'm starting to get it (I think). Still not sure I understand though (and really feeling dumb now). :confused: :o The $100 penalty I understand completely but I thought (or got the impression that) if it's before when final payment would be due (if we hadn't paid in full), I get a refund for the cruise fare (minus the $100) on my credit card. Where's the $400 credit coming from? I guess I'll just call Carnival, explain the situation and see what they have to say.

Good thing people have patience with us who are new to ES (even if we aren't new to Carnival)!! :D

The $400 would be the non-refundable deposit for both cruises (after the $50x2) has been taken off. Here's the breakdown:

Ex's total payment for both cruises: $xxxx

- $50 - penalty Cruise 1

- $50 - penalty Cruise 2

- $200 - rest of deposit for Cruise 1 (held for future cruise)

- $200 - rest of deposit for cruise 2 (")

= what YOU will get back on your credit card

As for the $400 in future credit, tell them that YOU had paid for this originally (they may need statement as proof or fill out a form) and they will change this credit to be in your name instead of his.

Then you'll be able to use this money on a future trip (not this B2B).

Good luck!

Thanks Gregg! :D I'm starting to get it (I think). Still not sure I understand though (and really feeling dumb now). :confused: :o The $100 penalty I understand completely but I thought (or got the impression that) if it's before when final payment would be due (if we hadn't paid in full), I get a refund for the cruise fare (minus the $100) on my credit card. Where's the $400 credit coming from? I guess I'll just call Carnival, explain the situation and see what they have to say.

Good thing people have patience with us who are new to ES (even if we aren't new to Carnival)!! :D

The post above this one shows the breakdown how the credit should work. You have 1 other problem though. One you cancel passenger #2, you will be considered a solo cruiser which generally has a 200% upcharge. If that is the case, not only would you not receive any credit back, but you might have to come up with additional money to make up the difference the $100 penalty and $400 credit could not be used for the upcharge.

Finally, if you do book a 3rd person first, once you cancel out #2, passenger #3 would then be charged the higher #2 rate and I have no idea how the credit back to you would work then.

Gregg

If he has already paid his part, and doesn't care about losing his money, just book a friend as a 3rd person. He just will be a no show and the government fees will be refunded to your credit card.

As far as canceling him out, your friend would then have to pay the going rate for a 2nd person which is normally a lot higher than the third person rate. His non-refundable deposit,($50 per cruise penalty gone forever) and the balance of the deposit would be held for a cruise up to two years from the date of cancellation . It will be held in his name. The balance of the fare would be refunded, but then your friend will be having to pay the higher rate.

For the person telling you to get the money back as it's on your card, he would have to sign a paper stating that he didn't pay you, which is in fact a lie. No reason to be dishonest trying to scam more money out of him. If I were him, I'd darn sure not sign saying I never paid you back for the cruise.

Stay true to your morals and just add a third person who should be paying a lower rate. You aren't being dishonest when he doesn't show up as Carnival got their money and your former fiance doesn't care about the money.

I'm sorry you have to go through all this, but I am sure your cruise will be wonderful.

Archived