Just booked first NCL cruise!

JdoggCruiser

Bermuda. Its been on the bucket list for several years.

Ahhhhhhhh! Our favorite destination! We've sailed there four times from Boston. :D

It's good that you've got so much time to research NCL before you board, and this is definitely the right place to do that! Do you have any specific questions that you haven't found answers to yet? The folks who frequent the NCL board are so friendly and helpful, and you're sure to know everything you need to know in order to maximize your enjoyment. ;)

My hubby and I just booked our first NCL cruise as well. We're cruising on the Gem this April. I'm very excited since this is the first time we've ever booked this late. Looks like you're a tried and true Carnival cruiser as well. It'll be interesting to see how I like NCL. (Personally, I think I'll love all cruises!)

Have fun!

Cindy

Obstructed views on deck 8 aren't bad. You can see the top of the life boats but your picture window still affords you a view.

Try new things on board.

Go to your CC M&G, then talk to the officers when you see them around. They are personable folks.

I booked my first NCL cruise a couple of weeks ago and also trying to learn more about NCL. Part of the reason of booking an NCL cruise for me is that I have been impressed with various TV shows I have seen about NCL. Undercover Boss was a great show that left a positive impression. A man who has worked his way from cab driver to CEO of a cruise line is impressive. Another show on the Epic and a show featuring Andy Stuart were really good.

Some of the comments I have heard from people is that NCL "nickel and dimes you" and they prefer CCL. I don't think those criticisms are valid. With some research and understanding about what is available on the ship, I am looking forward to sailing on NCL next year.

We have only gone on 1 cruise with CCL, and that was the Legend. We cruised on the Dawn last March, and enjoyed it very much.

The food IMHO was very similar on both lines (I liked them both), but you do have more specialty dining choices on NCL.

We found that freestyle dining was more our style than ATD. It gives you the option to eat when you want to, no set times. NCL has "dress up or not" nights, so it is a more relaxed feel.

The rooms tend to be smaller on NCL, but if you book a suite, I hear you won't want go back to any other cabin.

The staff is exceptional on NCL, very friendly and helpful.

We're on the Dawn again in April.

Have a great cruise!!:)

Archived