QE2 e-petition

diamond-queen

Just type in epetitions.direct.gov.uk as your search and it takes you to the web page then add qe2 as the topic search and it will take you to it. (Don't know how to add a link - no computer wizz !)

Yes it takes 100,000 signatures to make the government look at it but if as many people love her as they say and they ask their friends to add their names it isn't impossible. The funding is already in place so the request is for help to get the authorities help in the logisitics in parking her up.

I know that previous ships have been left to rot in far off lands or mysteriously caught fire en-route but this is the last great liner that Great Britain produced and we have so little left of our proud past it would be lovely if she could be saved from the scrap yard.

I sailed to dubai on her and on the day that we were approaching dubai there was a news article on the tv from dubai that said that they had no money and the dire financial mess that their government was in and we thought then that it was unlikely that anything would be done with her, pity we didn't just swing her round there and then !!

Not only many signatures, but I really do think the the Government has a lot more to worry about and deal with than thinking about returning a ship from Dubai to the UK, no matter how amazing that ship might be, even if the multi thousand signatures were obtained

Saw your picture Jim, yes indeed a beautiful shot I don't think I've ever seen a bad shot! We could paper every wall in our house with the photos we've taken and still have some left I think.

At a bit of a loss now without her haven't even got a holiday booked yet this year. Been on the other Cunarders but considering a different cruise line this year.

I know many think we are wasting our time with an e-petition but nothing ventured nothing gained !

Archived