Scooter on Island Princess

belle836

Am I to understand that Princess has banned scooter usage for any passenger that does not have a HC class cabin? That's the only way I can get around. We have one of the larger mini-suites and I used my scooter on my voyage to Alaska with HAL. This time I am planning to rent a Travel Scoot so personally I don't see a problem. Am I way off base?

Thanks for your reply. I'm renting a Travel Scoot for the cruise so door width should not be a problem as the scooter is foldable. I had my own scooter which I took with me when I cruised with Hal but between the airline baggage handlers and the cruise line dragging it around with the wheels locked it was very damaged. I bought another one but there is no way I would let either of those ententies lay their grubby little paws on it.

P&O and Cunard, both Carnval brands have the ban unless you have a HC cabin or a suite.

I haven't seen anything yet about Princess, HAL or the other Carnival brands, but it would be wise to check the small print in the brochure when you book.

So I called Princess this afternoon. They have no policies against medical scooters and according to the rep I spoke with they don't anticipate any changes. The door to the mini suite we have reserved is 24" wide which would not pose a problem even with my own scooter. The comparable cabin on HAL is 21" and it was not a problem either.

Thanks to everyone who responded

Archived