Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

THANKS Benny for the great article! :D

thanks TorontoTL for the article. It is nice to see those special areas of the ship being noticed! I especially liked the areas that complemented other areas close to them like Vines and Sabatinis.

I've been saying the same thing about the Wheelhouse Bar and Crown Grill, that it makes more sense now to combine the two.

That is a wonderful observation deck for sail away as well as to view both pool areas.

My thoughts exactly! :D I can use that as one of the Sail Away points, but I also want to be on the aft port side promenade deck as the ship sails past the condos in Fort Lauderdale. That's usually the last place the live camera hits as the ship sails out and I want to be able to wave at everyone! ;)

OMG we think alike, I was thinking that the aft promenade deck was another perfect spot!

I'm planning to do a LIVE embarkation thread out of Fort Lauderdale like I did for Ruby Princess, so I'll let you know which sail away spot I'm at that way you can wave back. ;)

I'm sure many are hoping that you'll do a live from thread during the whole of your B2B cruises on the Royal. ;)

Maybe not a real LIVE thread, but since I get the Platinum internet minutes now I may do a something with updates during the B2B cruises. That way those who follow after for the holiday cruises can be up to date as well.

Maybe not a real LIVE thread, but since I get the Platinum internet minutes now I may do a something with updates during the B2B cruises. That way those who follow after for the holiday cruises can be up to date as well.

That would be great, especially since likely be on board in late January assuming my friends commit to a date eventually.

That would be great, especially since likely be on board in late January assuming my friends commit to a date eventually.

I did a fairly nice LIVE thread on my B2B a couple of years ago. Now with the much improved picture options through Tapatalk and a better camera on the iPhone 5 it will be easier to knock out a few updates and pictures twice a day and do a much better job at it this time. :D

Some pictures from the Maiden Voyage:

At sea

9106073512_042911c465_o.jpg

the 25 de April Bridge in Lisbon

9106073558_ed19ee121c_o.jpg

9106102692_8946a70e4c_o.jpg

9106102730_f20429f291_o.jpg

(Credit all pictures Patricia Dempsey)

Dave;

Thanks for the pictures. Is the one of the wooden lounge chairs one of the promenade seating area or is it one of an aft suite?

into and especially out Lisbon. It's usually starting to get dark and I've experienced some amayzing sunset pictures. Sailing under the 25 de Abril Bridge is always a treat as well.

6348484431_cb06bf01b3_n.jpg

Bob

Dave;

Thanks for the pictures. Is the one of the wooden lounge chairs one of the promenade seating area or is it one of an aft suite?

into and especially out Lisbon. It's usually starting to get dark and I've experienced some amayzing sunset pictures. Sailing under the 25 de Abril Bridge is always a treat as well.

6348484431_cb06bf01b3_n.jpg

Bob

Hi Bob!

Those wooden loungers are on the aft promenade deck outside of the Vista Lounge. :D I don't imagine the Royal Princess will be sailing under too many other bridges in her career so it's nice to see those kind of pictures. Cool sunset picture too!

Hi Bob!

Those wooden loungers are on the aft promenade deck outside of the Vista Lounge. :D I don't imagine the Royal Princess will be sailing under too many other bridges in her career so it's nice to see those kind of pictures. Cool sunset picture too!

Dave;

Thanks for the info:). I was wondering if you had any additional pictures, other than the ones you've shown on the thread, for an S2 suite/balcony. I got lucky recently and was able to snag D726 for the T/A cruise in October.....:):):)

Bob

Dave;

Thanks for the info:). I was wondering if you had any additional pictures, other than the ones you've shown on the thread, for an S2 suite/balcony. I got lucky recently and was able to snag D726 for the T/A cruise in October.....:):)

Bob

Holy crap Batman!!! WOW! What a sweet suite! Congrats on the move to the big leagues. I am soooooo jealous.

This is the only overhead I've seen of the back end of the ship, where I annotated the cabin numbers. Looks like you scored the game winning home run with that move. Have a magnificent time!!! :D

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

Another view without all the other numbers...

9106706945_58a12386e5_o.jpg

The sliding glass door from your bedroom will open up onto the port side of the ship, and the sliding glass door leading out to the stern will be from your sitting area.

Dave;

I'm pretty excited about it:) On Thursday evening (late) I was looking on the Princess website and noted that an S2 (Owner's Suite) was available for the Royal T/A. I also noted that the Princess price was $7,999.00pp:eek: For the heck of it, I then sent my T/A an email asking her how much it would cost (believing she could get a better price even on a suite) for me to upgrade from my MB mini. I was really starting to get down on the reported small size of my balcony.

Yesterday, I opened up her reply and noted that the increased cost (plus insurance) was about (actually a little cheaper) than what I was going to pay for an aft view vista suite for our Hawaii cruise (March 2014) on the Star. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and make the switch. We are now in the S2 Mini with all the bells and whistles and a starboard view for the Venice sailaway:). I will miss sailing in March to Hawaii, but I thought it was a good trade off to have the S2 for the T/A; especially when the last seven days are at sea. Another reason I'm glad I decided to switch was not having to kennel Misha again a short four months we were to be back from the Royal T/A. He will be over 10 in March and I was getting a little worried about the added stress on him....:):):)

Bob

Dave;

I'm pretty excited about it:) On Thursday evening (late) I was looking on the Princess website and noted that an S2 (Owner's Suite) was available for the Royal T/A. I also noted that the Princess price was $7,999.00pp:eek: For the heck of it, I then sent my T/A an email asking her how much it would cost (believing she could get a better price even on a suite) for me to upgrade from my MB mini. I was really starting to get down on the reported small size of my balcony.

Bob

Congrats!! What a nice upgrade present to yourself!!! That's the suite DH are booking for our 25th anniversary cruise on the Regal in Jan 2015. Can't wait to here how much you loved it! :D

Hi Bob,

Wow! I think it's truly wonderful that you've done the full upgrade to make this totally brand new experience that much more incredible for the two of you! I can't even imagine what it would be like having those type of accommodations at all, much less for the maiden transatlantic Venice to Fort Lauderdale run! Now your countdown is really, really exciting! :D:D:D

And it's nice that you were also thinking about Misha as I have often contemplated what my cat goes through while I'm gone, and grateful he's with my best friend who I know is taking care of Grey Kitty. Otherwise I'd never be able to take off as long as I do for vacation. For my January 2015 cruise on Regal Princess I'm only taking ten days total instead of the normal seventeen just so that I won't have to be gone so long.

Can't wait to read all of the reports and see the pictures of the LIVE thread all of you are going to do, and hear how you are enjoying your new owners suite and balcony! :D

Dave - just a bit of your first post that set this marvelous thread in motion.

Your new countdown clock is very classy - I like it.

That seems like it was million years ago. ;)

And now she's at the end of her Maiden Voyage and ready to begin her inaugural season in the Mediterranean. We've got an exciting summer ahead of us! :D

Dave;

Yesterday, I opened up her reply and noted that the increased cost (plus insurance) was about (actually a little cheaper) than what I was going to pay for an aft view vista suite for our Hawaii cruise (March 2014) on the Star. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and make the switch. We are now in the S2 Mini with all the bells and whistles and a starboard view for the Venice sailaway:). I will miss sailing in March to Hawaii, but I thought it was a good trade off to have the S2 for the T/A; especially when the last seven days are at sea. Another reason I'm glad I decided to switch was not having to kennel Misha again a short four months we were to be back from the Royal T/A. He will be over 10 in March and I was getting a little worried about the added stress on him....:):):)

Bob

Bob, you are going to have a lot of new "friends" coming to visit you on that fabulous balcony. Congratulations on the great snag! Also, if you can get Misha over to the Phoenix area, we can see how she gets along with two greyhounds.

Stan

Bob, you are going to have a lot of new "friends" coming to visit you on that fabulous balcony. Congratulations on the great snag! Also, if you can get Misha over to the Phoenix area, we can see how she gets along with two greyhounds.

Stan

Sorry, just noticed that Misha is a "HE", not a "SHE"

Archived