Questions about Dawn

kicia

We are leaving on the Dawn in 3 weeks and I have a few questions. Also trying to verify if what I have been told by NCL is correct.

What times are the shows each night and how long do they last?

Are there one or two formal/dress up nights and when? I know you don't have to but we want to.

If you make a dining reservation in advance do you pay in advance? If so, can you cancel or change with no penalty while on board?

We are part of a group and if we have a reserved time for dinner how accurate will that time be? If we are scheduled for 7:15 or 8:30 will be eat at that time?

We are experienced cruisers but not on NCL. I know about the dining room at embarkation and that is a great tip. Anything else I should know?

Thank you!

Perhaps someone will post some dailies from Dawn, they would indicate show times.

NCL is much more relaxed than most other cruise lines...if you have a reservation for a large group, they will do their best to honor it.

If you reserve a specialty restaurant in advance, they DO charge your credit card. It's not realliy necessary, though. They rarely sell out. Maybe the Teppanyaki, because it does not hold that many people. But I have never seen it impossible to get a reservation.

Hi, Kicia!

Lobster night is the first night.

...that's all you need to know!

SPECIALTY CANCELLATION

Officially: You can cancel specialty restaurant reservations up to 24 hours in advance without penalty. Unofficially: You might find someone willing to give you a break, most likely if you're just shifting the reservation vs. altogether canceling.

FORMAL NIGHTS

There are two, if I'm not mistaken. But you can dress up and get your photo taken most any night.

Have fun! And enjoy a little of Tampa while you're here!

Thanks for the info. We're only coming from Clermont and we'll be in Tampa for a week starting next Saturday for the Tampa RV show. I'm going to check out the off site parking at Capital parking. They get a lot of good reviews. Has anyone actually used them?

When is the second "formal" night? We have a group dinner at La Cucina on Saturday and we're celebrating a few anniversaries. We have a reservation for the Venetian for the first formal night on Monday along with our group cocktail party.

Yes, we are signed up for our M&G and I'm working on the rest of our group.

Just to be clear and perhaps save you some packing there are no formal nights on the Dawn. There are a couple of nights that the photographers set up for pictures in the Atrium. They do have what they call dress up or not nights for those that want formal pictures. 90% onboard will dress just like any other night. Feel free to bring the formal wear but don't expect the rest of the passengers to dressed up as well.

There is a Dawn review in my signature. The shows are generally at 7pm, 9pm, some in between and some late, depends on what you want to see.

The photographers were out every night on our cruise but only one night was the formal or not night.

No formal nights.

Dining reservations made ahead of time are charged to your credit card. If you have any onboard credit, it would be best to wait to book your reservations so you can use OBC to pay for the booking.

When I talked with NCL I was told that there was a formal night and I want to find out if there are two. I know you don't have to dress up but we really want to but I need to know if there is one night or if there are two so I know what to pack.

I was also told that the shows are at 7:30 and 9:30 so I asked for our cocktail party to be from 6 to 7; show at 7:30; and then dinner at the Venetian at 8:30. If the show is at 7 instead then I would move up our cocktail party to 5:30 to 6:30. How long are the shows?

Thank you!

When I talked with NCL I was told that there was a formal night and I want to find out if there are two. I know you don't have to dress up but we really want to but I need to know if there is one night or if there are two so I know what to pack.

I was also told that the shows are at 7:30 and 9:30 so I asked for our cocktail party to be from 6 to 7; show at 7:30; and then dinner at the Venetian at 8:30. If the show is at 7 instead then I would move up our cocktail party to 5:30 to 6:30. How long are the shows?

Thank you!

There is always 1 'formal or not night'. two depends on the ship I suppose. I only noticed one when I was on last week.

Dinner at the Venetian could range from 1 hour to 2 hours depending on your party and the speed of service that night.

Shows are 7pm & 9pm in the Stardust...8:15 & 10:15 in the Spinnaker (game show type) Most shows are about an hour and you need time to get from where you are to the show you are wanting to attend.

Thank you!

No such thing as formal nights on NCL. You have Dress Up or Not Nights, which is now known as Norwegian's Night Out. It is your choice to dress however you like. Ships photographers will be taking pictures EVERY night from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. You will see the Captain and ship's officers taking pictures with guests for a short period during some of these nights.

When we were on the Dawn, the Welcome Aboard show was 7:30 and 9 p.m. Band on the Run and Second City shows were at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. You will find activities like the Newlywed Game, Dating Game, Deal or No Deal etc. at 8:30 p.m. Looking at every one of my Freestyle Dailies right now.

Thank you!

Yes, NCL is right the shows are generally at 7:30 and 9:30. I have sailed 6 times and all 6 sails they were at 7:30 and 9:30....There were 2 dress up or not nights also on those cruises....but like others say....many do not and many do...so plan on 2 to be safe.

Archived