Too Many NCL E-mails!!!!!

gheu

I am new to cruising and went on our third cruise with NCL in the fall of 2012. We came away with a very positive impression of NCL. Had a great time.

Now I seem to be getting multiple e-mails each week from NCL and it is starting to annoy me. Getting these constant messages is starting to feel like they are giving me the "Hard Sell" and it is starting to unfortunately turn me off them. None of the other cruise lines that I have experienced is doing this.

Like all e-mails like these, one get's to the point that one stops reading them. I rather not but at some point I guess I can "un-subscribe". I would be disappointed though as it is nice on a periodic basis (eg once or twice a month) hearing some news.

G

I like to read the emails just to see if there is anything that might interest me. However, I have noticed that my husband gets WAY more than I do and he is always saying "Did you get this one? Did you see what promo they are having with this?". (He will have to forward it to me so I can read). :D If it's something I'm not interested in, I delete. :)

I just delete. There are some more frequent. I entered A+F and Hollister's text contests and they text me every other day it seems. I just delete. And yes, I did win a $200 ARV prize so worth it.

Just think, one day you might like the offer from NCL .

I don't think I ever intentionally subscribed, or even UNsubscribed. I've sailed NCL twice and have 2 more booked right now. And I barely get anything from NCL other than the required confirmations, reminders, and such.

It's a shame too. I wish I would get advertisements that actually interest me :(. And an email advertisement from NCL would actually interest me.

Princess: I sailed once and I get 1 email a week, sometimes more, and I get TONS of stuff in my snail mailbox. I can't get over how many mini brochures Princess mails out. I probably get 3 mini-brochures per month on average. It's kind of neat stuff too, with maps of their itineraries and such, so I don't mind it coming. It gives me something interesting to read while I'm eating my lunch or having a late night bowl of cereal.

RCCL, on the other hand, is the worst for sending spam. I never sailed them, but I signed up on their website. They send out a lot of advertisements via email. I'd say I average 5 per week, more or less. I tried to unsubscribe on their website, but it doesn't seem to work. I called once and the lady said "no problem", but it didn't change the amount of spam they send me. She actually made it worse, now that I think about it. (EDIT. Gmail now filters out any RCCL emails and drops them directly into my Spam folder. So it's not a problem, but it's something I shouldn't have to do.)

I don't think I ever intentionally subscribed, or even UNsubscribed. I've sailed NCL twice and have 2 more booked right now. And I barely get anything from NCL other than the required confirmations, reminders, and such.

It's a shame too. I wish I would get advertisements that actually interest me :(. And an email advertisement from NCL would actually interest me.

Princess: I sailed once and I get 1 email a week, sometimes more, and I get TONS of stuff in my snail mailbox. I can't get over how many mini brochures Princess mails out. I probably get 3 mini-brochures per month on average. It's kind of neat stuff too, with maps of their itineraries and such, so I don't mind it coming. It gives me something interesting to read while I'm eating my lunch or having a late night bowl of cereal.

RCCL, on the other hand, is the worst for sending spam. I never sailed them, but I signed up on their website. They send out a lot of advertisements via email. I'd say I average 5 per week, more or less. I tried to unsubscribe on their website, but it doesn't seem to work. I called once and the lady said "no problem", but it didn't change the amount of spam they send me. She actually made it worse, now that I think about it. (EDIT. Gmail now filters out any RCCL emails and drops them directly into my Spam folder. So it's not a problem, but it's something I shouldn't have to do.)

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun) I've done something like 10 cruises with NCL, got one coming up, and I get nothing in my email. I would think they would want my business, I typically book a suite, eat in the for pay venues etc. Sure wish I'd get info on special deals:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun) I've done something like 10 cruises with NCL, got one coming up, and I get nothing in my email. I would think they would want my business, Sure wish I'd get info on special deals:rolleyes:

Same here... I never get any emails and I am the primary booking name... DH gets loads... go figure.

Same here... I never get any emails and I am the primary booking name... DH gets loads... go figure.

I've only ever sailed with NCL....and I think I've received one or two emails from them since I started cruising.:)

On the other hand, prior to booking my first cruise I subscribed to every cruise line so I could decide who had the best deals to sail with and I'm inundated with their catalogs, email and snail mail from them without ever cruising with them!:eek:

As others have said, the delete button was put there for a reason.

Filter your email. Easy to do. Create a folder in your email named "NCL Mail" or something like that. Set up filter in your email client (Thunderbird, Outlook) or your web based email (Gmail, Hotmail, etc) to send all email from ncl.com (or whatever the sender's email address is) to automatically go to that folder. You could then go through them at your leisure or just go and select them all and delete whenever you choose. You could also filter them so they are immediately deleted. Either way, they'll never go to your inbox.

I have folders and filters set for NCL, Kohl's, Sears, etc. Easy solution.

1 to 3 emails per day is way too much, and that's what we've gotten after each cruise. I've unsubscribed several times but any time you log into your NCL account it starts again. What marketing exec thinks it's ok to send 1 or more emails per day ? Especially when they're just repeatedly reminding you of the same deal. They should have a comment section to fill out when you unsubscribe. I'd love to get the message to them that once a week is ok, once a day is stalking. I know that I can just hit Delete, but unsubscibing is easier.

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun) I've done something like 10 cruises with NCL, got one coming up, and I get nothing in my email. I would think they would want my business, I typically book a suite, eat in the for pay venues etc. Sure wish I'd get info on special deals:rolleyes:

That's it......you're hooked and they know they already have your business.:)

I worked in the ski business and they were always courting the newbies rather than giving the regular skiers or the season pass holders special deals. It was hook the new people, we have the others.

Archived