Excursions for St Petsrsburg and Berlin

Seal

Those of you that have taken the SPB tours, how much walking is involved at the different sites. We are taking the two day deluxe tour. My sister in law and friend have knee trouble and are concerned with the amount of walking involved with these tours.

Any insite would be very helpful.

Those of you that have taken the SPB tours, how much walking is involved at the different sites. We are taking the two day deluxe tour. My sister in law and friend have knee trouble and are concerned with the amount of walking involved with these tours.

I took the Alla Grand Tour, not the SPb Deluxe tour, but the itineraries are about the same. A fair amount of walking was involved in our tour. Like Alla's Grand tour, The deluxe tour is the most active of the tours that SPb offers. I know that SPb offers a more relaxed tour, I think it is called "moderate".

I suggest that you contact SPb and express your concerns re: walking. I'm sure that they will "steer" you in the right direction regarding which would be the better tour to book .:)

jill

Oooh, they shouldn't do the deluxe tour then. There's a lot of walking!

We are cruising on the Celebrity constellation from Amsterdam on July 7th. I t will be me (turning 50 in Juy - my birthday present for me & my family) and my partner he is 51 and my 3 boys who will be 16,16 & 20 & my mom who will be 74. My mom can walk but not distances. She uses a scooter on the ship & will have a manual wheelchair for excursions & a cane when she needs to walk. she also needs frequent bathroom breaks

My boys also all have mitochondrial disease so get tired easily & one uses a wheelchair when necessary.

As we are 6 people I am now working to schedule private & custom tours for us in the ports - preferably with same company. Also need to ensure we see thns boys want to see and my mom. My boys are all big history buffs (we did eastern med August 2011) so that is good. We do plan to go to Berlin and ake the 3 hour drive. First being Jewish I want to see holocaust memorial and boys want to see wall brandenburg gate & checkpoint Charlie

In st Petersburg I have a list and my good friend was born & raised in Russia and who was in St Petersburg last year with her sons & gave me a great list.

Open to mre suggestions for boys we go to Helsinki stockholm st Petersburg tallin Copenhagen & Berlin

Sharon

We are cruising on the Celebrity constellation from Amsterdam on July 7th. I t will be me (turning 50 in Juy - my birthday present for me & my family) and my partner he is 51 and my 3 boys who will be 16,16 & 20 & my mom who will be 74. My mom can walk but not distances. She uses a scooter on the ship & will have a manual wheelchair for excursions & a cane when she needs to walk. she also needs frequent bathroom breaks

My boys also all have mitochondrial disease so get tired easily & one uses a wheelchair when necessary.

As we are 6 people I am now working to schedule private & custom tours for us in the ports - preferably with same company. Also need to ensure we see thns boys want to see and my mom. My boys are all big history buffs (we did eastern med August 2011) so that is good. We do plan to go to Berlin and ake the 3 hour drive. First being Jewish I want to see holocaust memorial and boys want to see wall brandenburg gate & checkpoint Charlie

In st Petersburg I have a list and my good friend was born & raised in Russia and who was in St Petersburg last year with her sons & gave me a great list.

Open to mre suggestions for boys we go to Helsinki stockholm st Petersburg tallin Copenhagen & Berlin

Sharon

When ever and with whom ever your book your tours for St Petersburg, you must tell them your limitations and what you desire to see and do.

All the tour companies will work with you to design a tour that is both exciting and meets all your needs. All the companies are very good at this. You might have to do the tour with just your own family, as others might now want to do it the way you need, but you also could have a nice group with you, as others might be in a similar circumstance.

I know when we toured, we used SPB Tours and they, specifically Viktoria, will try and accommodate you in any way possible. They are very good at things like that. Try and contact her and see what she has to offer. http://www.spb-tours.com/st-petersburg/en/

I'm sure most of the other tour companies will do just as well, but we have worked with Viktoria and know she will do whatever is necessary for you to enjoy your time in St Petersburg.

They also do tours in many of the other ports you will be visiting and they should be able to arrange tours for those ports also, if you are interested.

Cheers

Len

When ever and with whom ever your book your tours for St Petersburg, you must tell them your limitations and what you desire to see and do.

All the tour companies will work with you to design a tour that is both exciting and meets all your needs. All the companies are very good at this. You might have to do the tour with just your own family, as others might now want to do it the way you need, but you also could have a nice group with you, as others might be in a similar circumstance.

Cheers

Len

Excellent advice from Len. I agree completely.

In addition to the company with which Len toured, there are several other highly rated companies. I would suggest you contact them all & see which best meets your specific needs. :)

Alla Tours (with whom we toured & had fantastic expereinces. Alla is wonderful to work with & will accomodate special needs.)

http://alla-tour.com/

TJ Tours (I have not toured with them but they are also highly regarded on Cruise Critic)

http://st-petersburg-tours.ru/

Enjoy your cruise!

jill

Excellent advice from Len. I agree completely.

In addition to the company with which Len toured, there are several other highly rated companies. I would suggest you contact them all & see which best meets your specific needs. :)

Alla Tours (with whom we toured & had fantastic expereinces. Alla is wonderful to work with & will accomodate special needs.)

http://alla-tour.com/

TJ Tours (I have not toured with them but they are also highly regarded on Cruise Critic)

http://st-petersburg-tours.ru/

Enjoy your cruise!

jill

Thank you, Jill, for providing us "future" visitors all your fantastic advise and tips based on your experience in traveling this region. I greatly appreciate all the information that you and others on these boards have provided and assisting in "guiding" me in the right direction. I am certain that many others share in my gratitude! Many thanks!:)

Dolfans from Miami

Thank you, Jill, for providing us "future" visitors all your fantastic advise and tips based on your experience in traveling this region. I greatly appreciate all the information that you and others on these boards have provided and assisting in "guiding" me in the right direction. I am certain that many others share in my gratitude! Many thanks!:)

Dolfans from Miami

Thank-you for your kind remarks, Dolfans! You are most welcome. :)

jill

Thanks Len - I figured it would be just us 6 based on what we want to see and the medical limitations between my mom and the boys. I travel on the plane with an entire carry on bag of medical supplies and have a good amount of meds., extra g-tubes, etc on each excursion. I learned on our first cruise to the Eastern Med in Aug 2011 to book private tours. Those I initially booked just for me and the boys and a friend who came with us but met a couple on the cruise from England and their 2 daughters ended up joining us. In Athens I worked with our tour guide to make about a 5-6 hour tour as 4 hours was too short and 8 too long. So right now I am working to do that for our stops.

Trying to ensure that all are happy - the boys and my mom and me :)

Sharon

Thanks Len - I figured it would be just us 6 based on what we want to see and the medical limitations between my mom and the boys. I travel on the plane with an entire carry on bag of medical supplies and have a good amount of meds., extra g-tubes, etc on each excursion. I learned on our first cruise to the Eastern Med in Aug 2011 to book private tours. Those I initially booked just for me and the boys and a friend who came with us but met a couple on the cruise from England and their 2 daughters ended up joining us. In Athens I worked with our tour guide to make about a 5-6 hour tour as 4 hours was too short and 8 too long. So right now I am working to do that for our stops.

Trying to ensure that all are happy - the boys and my mom and me :)

Sharon

Sharon

You are quite welcome. We are usually pretty good with walking, but at the time we went, I was recovering from a hip replacement. I was OK, but worried if I was on my feet all day, moving at a sort of quick pace, I would become uncomfortable. Viktoria assured me that anytime I needed to stop and rest, the group would do so and still see what there was to see. She also made me feel so at ease as this was a huge concern for me. Turned out, I was fine, but just knowing that if and when I needed a rest, or a bit of a slower pace, that would be no problem.

I'm sure you will encounter the same exact thing.

Cheers

Len

Archived