Carnival Cove Balcony ?

kakarp

How do you find the noise level when underway? Is the wind noise as loud as some of the videos I’ve watched make it out to be? I’m really think a cove for an October cruise but the DW thinks it’s awful loud.

Also how rough do the seas have to be for the doors to be closed?

Kevin

How do you find the noise level when underway? Is the wind noise as loud as some of the videos I’ve watched make it out to be? I’m really think a cove for an October cruise but the DW thinks it’s awful loud.

Also how rough do the seas have to be for the doors to be closed?

Kevin

We had a cove balcony in October and while the view was gorgeous we sailed back into port on the tail end of hurricane sandy. once they closed off the balcony we had the most awful banging that went on day and night. While I know a hurricane is an unusual situation I would think any time it's rough enough to close it off it would be rough enough for the loud banging.

We also had noise from the galley above but it was never enough to keep us awake......but Sandy was another ball game!!!!!!

A lot of people love the cove and have not had a problem but its not something we would do again

I sailed in a Cove balcony last year and it was the best cabin I've ever had. LOVED being that close to the water and the noise of the wind wasn't too loud - it is always magnified by microphones on recording devices. That said, there were definitely windy days at sea - but no more than if you were on deck poolside or in port.

We wer also below the excursion desk - I looked at it deck plans carefully and figured this was the best chance for quiet....but I spoke with others in different areas and they didn't have noise issues either.

You'll love it - I wish all the cruise lines had this.....maybe they'll adopt it with new builds. One can hope :)

Enjoy your cove!:D

Archived