What to do with bags in Barcelona?

If the ship doesn't depart from Barcelona until 7:00 pm and you need to check out of the hotel that day, what do people usually do with their bags? Is the hotel usually willing to hold your bags for you?

thanks in advance for the help!

We just returned from Med. cruise.

Our ship was scheduled to leave Barcelona at 5:00 or 7:00 P.M. - can't remember which....and we were checked in and ON the ship by 11:30 or 12 Noon. Porters will take your bags and leave you free to continue exploring BCN or just enjoying the ship (cabins weren't ready until about 1:00 or so....)

(We had our cab driver pick us up at the hotel at 11:00 A.M. and deliver us to the pier - porters were ready, willing and able to take our luggage leaving us free to do whatever....)

We just returned from Med. cruise.

Our ship was scheduled to leave Barcelona at 5:00 or 7:00 P.M. - can't remember which....and we were checked in and ON the ship by 11:30 or 12 Noon. Porters will take your bags and leave you free to continue exploring BCN or just enjoying the ship (cabins weren't ready until about 1:00 or so....)

(We had our cab driver pick us up at the hotel at 11:00 A.M. and deliver us to the pier - porters were ready, willing and able to take our luggage leaving us free to do whatever....)

Hi,

We'll be doing your itinerary next May on the Millennium.

Would love to hear about your trip.

Thanks,

Mari

If the ship doesn't depart from Barcelona until 7:00 pm and you need to check out of the hotel that day, what do people usually do with their bags? Is the hotel usually willing to hold your bags for you?
Not specifically related to ships, but whenever I've stayed in a hotel of any reasonable standard, they've always been more than happy to hold on to bags. This often arises on weekend trips, when I arrive on Friday evening or Saturday morning, and fly back to London late Sunday afternoon or early Sunday evening. Checking out on Sunday morning and then leaving bags with the hotel until it's time to go to the airport never seems to be a problem.

In any case, as others say, you might well want to get on to the ship earlier than the late afternoon.

You'll have a fantastic time next May on Millie in the Med. This was our 4th Med. cruise and by far the best.

We spent 2 precruise days in BCN and 2 postcruise day in Venice.

We did 3 private tours (Nice, Tuscany, Amalfi) and 4 shorter tours thru Celebrity. They were all excellent - but our favorite was a day in Tuscany.

Croatia was beautiful - could have bypassed Athens - loved Santorini (Oia) - Mykonos was beautiful but filled with young people for the weekend - crowded and hard to get around.

Let me know if you have any specific question.....we've booked Hawaii R/T LA for April '06, but won't rule out switching the booking to Millie in the Med. again - if only the flights weren't sooooooooo long!

My situation is a little different. We debark in the morning off of the Grand, but our train for Paris does not leave until 9PM. Does anyone know whether Princess will hold you bags for the day for you? Has anyone ever done this? I thought about a locker at the train station, but someone told me that the stations in Spain don't have lockers anymore (not sure if this is accurate or not). Thanks for the help.

Dave

Dave,

I have a similar problem to yours i.e. disembark in the morning in Citavecchia but have a flight which doesn't leave until 9 pm that evening. There are 6 of us, so we will have quite a lot of luggage in our possession.

I am currently looking at a couple of options. The first a mini-van pick up from the pier, followed by a whistlestop tour of Rome, or the surrounding countryside before heading off to the airport or booking an hotel near the airport preferably with pool just for the day (say from 11am to 6.30pm). I suspicion is that my teens will prefer the latter option if I can find a hotel willing to let us book the room for the day only. The costs for both will probably work out the same.

Laura

The Millennium daily bulletin gave the name of a store in Barcelona near the Ramblas that will store your luggage for the day for a reasonable fee. I don't remember the name of the place but surely this info will be repeated for your cruise.

I have a similar problem to yours i.e. disembark in the morning in Citavecchia but have a flight which doesn't leave until 9 pm that evening. There are 6 of us, so we will have quite a lot of luggage in our possession.
This one's a bit easier. There appears to be a left luggage place at the airport - see this page. (If that link doesn't work, go to http://www.aena.es and switch to English in the very top line. Then pull Barcelona from the drop-down list of airports on the left and click Go. Then go to Luggage from the left hand menu, and then select "Other" from the drop-down bar in the middle of the page at the head of the main column.

Globaliser,

Thanks. However, I'm travelling from Rome Ciampino airport where there is definitely no left luggage facility!!

Hence why we are trying to fill our day either with a tour or at a hotel.

I know, I know.... another reason why I shouldn't use these low cost airlines which also tend to use these out of the way airports :D

Both the Brilliance and the Splendour gave the name of the store off Las Ramblas where you can leave luggage for the day. I can't remember the name ,but maybe somebody who is travelling soon can post it on their return?

Archived