Carnival Cove Balcony ?

kakarp

How do you find the noise level when underway? Is the wind noise as loud as some of the videos I’ve watched make it out to be? I’m really think a cove for an October cruise but the DW thinks it’s awful loud.

Also how rough do the seas have to be for the doors to be closed?

Kevin

How do you find the noise level when underway? Is the wind noise as loud as some of the videos I’ve watched make it out to be? I’m really think a cove for an October cruise but the DW thinks it’s awful loud.

Kevin

Don't know how rough the seas have to be...however we had a cove on the Magic...in October and we were rerouted due to H. Sandy....and the doors were never closed.....Love the cove....if I have a choice..I will always chose the cove..maybe some noice...but being so close the water was so wonderful ! Like being on a small sail boat.....I would pay more...but actually it is less. Take a chance !!!...:)

How do you find the noise level when underway?

No different than any other cabin.

Is the wind noise as loud as some of the videos I’ve watched make it out to be?

Camcorders suck at wind supression when filming outside. I did not notice any loud wind noise.

I’m really think a cove for an October cruise but the DW thinks it’s awful loud.

Depends on the neighbors maybe ? ;)

Very !

You can see my video tour via the link in my sig below.

Kevin

We LOVED our cove balcony and would definitely book it again. It wasn't noisy or windy and we loved being so close to the water.

We have a cove booked for the Breeze next month but now seeing threads where people say it will be noisy because we are under the galley but have not actaully seen that written in any review. Does anyone have first hand experience to share? We plan to bring ear plugs.:D

We adored our cove balcony on the Dream. Noise was only loud the last night as we made our way back to Port Canaveral - only bothered me not others in cabin. Doors were never closed. Wind is always bad on video cameras, but didn't notice it at all when we were on the trip.

We had a cove balcony on the magic this summer and just loved loved it! We saw dolphins and flying fish!! we have had balconies before but being so close to the water was like sailing. I thought they were more private due to the design of the ship.. the lifeboats were above but didnt block the view and i never noticed any strong wind. it was more shady and the door wasnt ever closed and we ran into a small storm one nite. even then the window would still be available to view out. its great, would do it again in a heatbeat!!

We had a cove balcony on our first ever cruise on the Dream in November. Loved, loved, loved it. My hubby doesn't like heights and when we found out about the coves we had to go for it. We were in 2374 and had no noise from above at all nor did we hear any noise from outside at night when the door was closed. It is just so awesome sitting on your balcony watching the water go by, nothing like it. Loved the sound of the water and views are beautiful. We are hooked on the cove balcony.

Kevin

Love the coves!!!

The only additional advice I can give is be careful if you book more forward. On our first cruise in a cove, the seas got rough. The more forward coves had too much spray from the bow of the ship to be able to enjoy their balconies (we heard this from the people in our roll call). Those who were more mid/aft of the cove section were able to be "amazed" at the sight and height of the spray and video it. None of the coves were closed during the trip so I think it's got to be pretty bad for them to close them.

We just got back from a Cove Balcony on the Breeze. Loved it. Best parts were the shade, sounds of the water being so close and most of all watching people miss the ship at ports.

See video below for some Cove Balcony Fun..

Your New Year's cruise looked like a blast, I enjoyed the video. We've booked a cove balcony on the Dream this summer.

Archived