Security purses

sweetpea222

I use a Kipling too, a black cross body bag. It used to be my son's changing bag (not as big as most proper baby bags) and I got totally addicted to their style for travel as there are so many pockets.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I looked at some Kipling bags at the Bay yesterday, but didn't see anything I loved. I also saw some security bags I liked at mec.com, but I wish I could feel them, look inside, etc.

I've gotten some good info so far, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Here is an article on USA Today on the subject of carrying your valuables when traveling.

Shak

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/advice/2013/01/16/best-ways-to-carry-money-while-traveling/1839433/

Thanks! That's a good article. We often have to carry a lot of cash for paying private excursions and also when have just left the airport or the ATM. So besides the security bag with locking zippers, we each have a light blazer-style jacket with zipper pockets and inside "secret" pockets for cash and passports.

Not sure if its available with you, Troop London range

brought one for our silhouette

Cruise last summer, perfect for ID cards small camera ,husbands wallet !

Loved my so much brought for my daughter for up coming NY trip

Check their website. Trooplondon.com

I like a crossbody organizer bag so I do not have to carry a separate wallet. If you are going to Europe chances are you have one of the credit cards with the chip. Somebody posted a video showing how easy it was for high tech crooks with a special gizmo to walk up beside you and get all the info off the card. Suggestion was to purchase a special folder to hold your credit card that will block the machine or wrap aluminum foil around the card.

Suggestion was to purchase a special folder to hold your credit card that will block the machine or wrap aluminum foil around the card.

Wrapping aluminum foil will probably only work once, since it tears and cracks fairly easily, but RFID blocking sleeves for credit cards are pretty easy to find in travel stores (or online) and cost about $10 for 4 sleeves. You can also get RFID sleeves for your passport too. (I have all my chip credit cards in RFID sleeves all the time - they fit normally in your wallet and are easy to use. A store clerk told me she's seeing more and more people using them.)

Have you seen Lug bags? I like my Trip Moped day pack. Very comfortable as a cross body and very light. Big enough to carry a small camera, sunglasses, glasses, map etc and has inside compartments. Also has a nice outside water bottle compartment. Lots of cute colours. There is a plainer style without the round dots as well.

http://www.luglife.ca/Brands/Lug/Round-trip-Moped-Day-Pack

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the continued advice and suggestions. I definitely have been looking at the RFID blocking bags/wallets. I love the idea of a dedicated water bottle holder too, as I know it will be so very hot while we're there.

Just a question... Anyone know where I could shop for bags in San Diego? I'll be there in March and would love some better selection than the little town I live in has to offer.

I'm getting so excited!

Archived