Cabin layout on Celebrity Solstice

handp

I just found out about the different layouts of the cabin on Celebrity Solstice - some have the bed by the balcony, some have the sofa by the balcony. No other ship I have been on has this!! They have always had the sofa by the balcony, which to me seems sensible. We have a cabin booked which is supposedly with the bed by the balcony - I am a bit upset about that as I love sitting on the SOFA by the balcony having a drink or room service and looking out. I am not going to sit on my bed doing this!! :(

I just found out about the different layouts of the cabin on Celebrity Solstice - some have the bed by the balcony, some have the sofa by the balcony. No other ship I have been on has this!! They have always had the sofa by the balcony, which to me seems sensible. We have a cabin booked which is supposedly with the bed by the balcony - I am a bit upset about that as I love sitting on the SOFA by the balcony having a drink or room service and looking out. I am not going to sit on my bed doing this!! :(

No Solstice is not the only ship that has this. We were on Radiance of the Seas in November, hump balcony. The sofa was near the bathroom and the bed was near the balcony. It is fairly common that cabins alternate - if you look at the Solstice class cabin spreadsheet on the Celebrity thread, each cabin reviewed has a column to specify if the bed is near bathroom or balcony.

I prefer the bed to be near the bathroom and checked the spreadsheet. On the other hand you can sit on the balcony to enjoy your drink.

We are on Solstice next month and I had noticed that in our cabin (CC on hump) the bed was near the balcony (veranda...sorry I am ex Princess). After much research I have come to the conclusion that I like the idea.

I make these points:

1. Having sofa and desk closer to the amenities (and the door) makes for a more spacious area to dress and move about

2. Lying in bed and able to see out across balcony sounds appealing

3. When we were on Sun Princess last (2 night mini cruise) we had a mini suite (Shirley had a bung foot so was in a wheelchair :(). We invited some friends around, and although the mini suite had a seperate sitting area adjacent to the lengthy balcony, we used the area where the bed was... so at least for us sitting on the bed instead of the sofa was a preference.

At the end of the day I guess there are good and not so good aspects on where the bed is...but certainly I am not going to grumble.

cheers

Archived