New alcohol plan loophole?

I'm just curious as to what keeps 4 people in 2 different staterooms from sharing the costs of the new alcohol packages. I know both people in one room have to pay for the package so it would cost around 100 bucks a day but they could just go get drinks and hand them to their friends away from the point of purchase. Seems like an easy loophole to me.

So if you only want one drink a day. They could just treat you to a drink. Wish they had a package. So many drinks per week. say 20 drinks per week for so much $$$ or up grade to five per day. Kind of like the wine package. I would do that in a heart beat.

I mean I'm sure they could monitor the account if they see you're getting 4 drinks within a two minute period. They would know a person couldn't drink that many drinks that quickly And with cameras all over the ship I'm sure it would be easy for them to spot it happening.

I'm just curious as to what keeps 4 people in 2 different staterooms from sharing the costs of the new alcohol packages. I know both people in one room have to pay for the package so it would cost around 100 bucks a day but they could just go get drinks and hand them to their friends away from the point of purchase. Seems like an easy loophole to me.

one drink per card at a time. and they do keep track of the time between charges.

one drink per card at a time. and they do keep track of the time between charges.

That's what I figured. Is it really worth getting kicked off the ship for? Too easy to monitor by watching the number of drinks and how close together they are purchased.

Integrity?
Yep.

This kind of question is why they've held back on packages.

It's also why the soda card costs so much.

If your friends only want one drink or so per day, they'd be better off paying cash for it rather than getting a package.

I've said it before: What I'd really like to have is a punch card good for 10 drinks or so. Or a coupon book good for 10 drinks. It'd be a good product for a person who likes to pay for everything "up front", and it'd prevent cheating. 10 drinks is 10 drinks, regardless of who consumes them. The cruise line could only profit from such a program.

It's not a loophole. It's human nature. A drink package that so many people had been asking for for a long time is now a reality. People wanted drink packages so they would not have to smuggle. Package delivered so human nature takes over and now we try to find a way to game the new packages. People wanted to be able to carry on their own wine, now you can. Now people try and find ways to cheat the allowance and bring on more wine than is allowed.

It's not a loophole. It's human nature. A drink package that so many people had been asking for for a long time is now a reality. People wanted drink packages so they would not have to smuggle. Package delivered so human nature takes over and now we try to find a way to game the new packages. People wanted to be able to carry on their own wine, now you can. Now people try and find ways to cheat the allowance and bring on more wine than is allowed.

Of course it's a loophole and it's not my nature, nor is it everyone's. Of course those that game the system somehow think it's either ok if they can get away with it, or they're entitled. :(

This is why I get annoyed at all the people here talking about cheating.

It drives up prices and makes RCCL less likely to offer packages like this.

At least keep it to your self, they do look at these boards.

This is why I get annoyed at all the people here talking about cheating.

It drives up prices and makes RCCL less likely to offer packages like this.

At least keep it to your self, they do look at these boards.

It's not the talking about it. It's the actual doing it.

I'm pretty sure RCI has already figured out what people will try to get away with. Hence, the package is expensive already. Way more than most people can drink.

Of course it's a loophole and it's not my nature, nor is it everyone's. Of course those that game the system somehow think it's either ok if they can get away with it, or they're entitled. :(

I'm not saying it is specifically your nature to be that way but that it is human nature in general. Some people do have that nature and many do not. The packages were implemented with rules and rules can only be broken, circumvented, or ignored because people choose to do so. The cruiseline did not put the rules in place and go "maybe we'll leave a loophole" for people to challenge the rules.

It is not a "loophole". A loophole is something in a rule or law that allows a person to circumvent the rule or law without breaking it. The package is for one person not one person to supply all of their friends. If someone wants to do that and if they get away with it that's up to them. Not for me though. Calling it a loophole is like taking something from a store and saying that its a loophole that you didn't get caught.

now if I am going to pay bookoo bucks for drink card (and using it just for me, playing by the rules )and they tell me I cant have a second drink because not enough time has passed between. I would be furious

:Dthinking of the time at the all inclusive when I saw my up there in age mom with a pina colada in one hand and a strawberry dariquri in the other coyly saying. I couldnt decide which I wanted.

now if I am going to pay bookoo bucks for drink card (and using it just for me, playing by the rules )and they tell me I cant have a second drink because not enough time has passed between. I would be furious

:Dthinking of the time at the all inclusive when I saw my up there in age mom with a pina colada in one hand and a strawberry dariquri in the other coyly saying. I couldnt decide which I wanted.

Nothing to be furious about. You do realize they can deny to serve you if you appear to be too intoxicated no matter wether you bought a package or not? They can deny to serve you if you are caught gaming the system and getting drinks for others against the rules.

But that's the difference, at an AI resort everyone there has paid for their vacation hence you cannot buy drinks for others as they are already drinking by paying for their vacations.

Nothing to be furious about. You do realize they can deny to serve you if you appear to be too intoxicated no matter wether you bought a package or not? They can deny to serve you if you are caught gaming the system and getting drinks for others against the rules.

But that's the difference, at an AI resort everyone there has paid for their vacation hence you cannot buy drinks for others as they are already drinking by paying for their vacations.

Yes I can . the drinks I get mostly are ice and in small alcohol proportion to mixer and on a hot day if I get a drink and 15 minutes later want another one and they say it has to be 45 minutes in between I can be upset .

OF COURSE I understand they have the right to not serve someone over intoxicated .

Archived