Caribbean Princess Quick Question...

nrose6

Hello everyone! I just have a few quick questions about some things on the

Caribbean Princess...

1) Has anyone done the horseback riding in Montego Bay? If so, how was it?

2) Has anyone done the "Swimming with stingrays" thingy in grand caymen? If so, how was that?

3)Is there any WiFi connectivity for laptop computers? (lol, gotta post updates!)

4)Is the ship hard to get around compared to a voyager-class ship?

5) About when are you allowed to board the ship?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hello everyone! I just have a few quick questions about some things on the

Caribbean Princess...

1) Has anyone done the horseback riding in Montego Bay? If so, how was it?

2) Has anyone done the "Swimming with stingrays" thingy in grand caymen? If so, how was that?

3)Is there any WiFi connectivity for laptop computers? (lol, gotta post updates!)

4)Is the ship hard to get around compared to a voyager-class ship?

5) About when are you allowed to board the ship?

Thanks everyone for your help!

1. No, haven't done it.

2. Yes. A fun experience but would advise you to do it on your own through a private shop. There are several near the pier that will take you out. A bit cheaper and better experience with less people. The ships excursion is a cattle call.

3. No wi-fi. They have terminals however so you can check or post email.

4. No difference in accessibility.

5. The doors usually open around 11:30 depending on the prior cruise disembarkation.

nrose6,

I can help you with your first question if you are talking about the Princess excursion to Chukka Cove. I just posted this on another thread so I'll edit it a little; here goes.

I LOVED this ride, I try to take a horseback ride on each cruise and each has been a little different. This was was awesome! :D

Chukka Cove was about a 20 minute ride (9 of us were in a minivan) and I enjoyed the ride very much, you'll pass old sugar planatations, resorts, tiny towns and miles and miles of beaches. We arrived at the beach area of Chukka Cove and got so excited when we spotted the riders in the water.

We were given an orientation and a shot of 151 rum :eek: .Then they take you to the water in groups of 12 and then the whole group - around 36 of us ride together back to the Chukka Cove Polo Grounds. They match you up with horses and then plunge into the Caribbean - the horses seemed to love it. The guides were the best. They ride with you (they're on their own horses ;) ) holding onto the reins of your horse. You spend about a half an hour in the water. They take pictures of you and will burn you a CD before you leave for your ride back to the Polo Grounds! When one of them realized that I was alone, he took my camera from me and took all my pictures, he posed me on my horse in the water, along the trail and under a beautiful flowering tree. He stayed with me the whole time. His name was Steve - Damian was also great. The ride back to the Polo Grounds is lovely along a wide path through sugar plantations, around pastures, up a hill or two and across a small stream.

;)

I know you'll love this ride. Have a great time.

Wi fi in atrium lobby have to pay in 30 min blocks its better to use comp in internet cafe. But tehir comps have very limited browsers, and def. not high speed.

We got on the boat around 12 noon. One of the first to line up.

I'm booked for August, and I want to do this, and consider myself to be an excellent horsemen. Do you have to be lead around a like little kid on a pony?

1. Mom and sister did the horseback ride and loved it. Mom does not swim and was terrified, but did great. Very gentle horse. I think they matched them up to what they felt up to. They said they would do it again. They wore jeans though, with swimsuit underneath.

2. LOVED the Stingray tour in Caymans. I would recommend Nativeway to do this tour. I got in touch with them on internet and they responded immediately. They were so friendly and great prices. My mom, again does not swim, went just to ride on boat and they charged her only $10...wonderful tour and so much fun. I guarantee it will freak you out at first, but then it is amazing at how many rays there are and how velvety soft they are. The tour guides will take pictures of you holding them and hold them over your head and all kinds of things. You also get to feed them which is a funny feeling. Watch out for the stingray hickey!! After doing that, they took us to snorkel a reef. Beautiful and so relaxing. I wish I were there now.

3. I do not know anything about hookups as I did not want anything to do with a computer or phone or anything that reminded me of work!!

4. I thought the layout was very easy to remember. It is a large ship to navigate and when you are going down the hallway to get to your room, sometimes it seems like it is miles away! But the layout is very good, and after the first day, we were ok!

5. We got to port around 11am and we were on board by 12:10pm. Very fast embarkation. Loved it...no complaints there. Have a great time...I am envious!!

I'm booked for August, and I want to do this, and consider myself to be an excellent horsemen. Do you have to be lead around a like little kid on a pony?

Tomm, no absolutely not.

They lead the horses in the water only and I think that's just to make sure that no one heads down the beach on their own (also to get all those photos;) ). After the ocean ride you dismount and are assigned another horse for the land ride. They try to keep the group together for obvious reasons, but no one is leading your horse.

One of the women on my ride was an excellent horsewoman who owned her own horses and just loved this ride.

Yes, WiFi in the atrium (lobby) area. Works great, the speed was acceptable, considering you're on a moving ship at sea. $10.50 for 30 minutes.

It's efficient using your own computer. Log on, check email, log off. Spend as much time as you want reading and composing replies. Log on, send email, log off. You'll get three times more done than using the computers in the lab, for comparable amounts of time.

We've done the Stingray City swim and just be forewarned that it can be very rough and not the best experience. It really depends on the weather and the tides. When we did it, the water was very rough and unless you were over 6', you couldn't stand on the sandbar. We were bobbing up and down like mad and it was a real concern that we'd come down on top of a ray, which is not a good thing. I had to swim the entire time and keep my legs up to avoid this. The seas were running very fast and people had a very hard time getting either off or in the boat -- they were being slammed back as they tried to get off. It was way too rough for kids.

This was probably unusual but it CAN happen. We were on a ship's tour but the other boats, including the independents, were having the same problems.

Archived