Super Bowl Sunday New Orleans

Governor

Going out on Star from New Orleaans on Superbowl Sunday. Any guidance on getting from airport to port. Will be a busy Sunday.

I would think that most people going to the game would've already arrived before Sunday so getting from the airport to the port wouldn't be that tough. However, I could be wrong. New Orleans will be crazy that weekend. We left on the Star the same weekend as the Bayou Classic and the city was bonkers. Still, it shouldn't be tough to take a cab from the airport to the port.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

We will be on the same Cruise! NOLA is always having something going on as long as your plane arrives early the cab drivers are use to the crazy of NOLA and will be aware of all traffic problems that day. We will be driving in that morning since we could not get a hotel in the city.

As long as your plane arrives early.!!!!! Like 4:00 Am Or The Day Before/ no problem. To fly in on the same day as the boat is leaving is always Very Risky. I live here and there going to be closing all exit's to the dome, but one with militia style check points getting off. These exits, the ones they are closing and the one that is open are between the air port and the boat exit. Good Luck..

. I live here and there going to be closing all exit's to the dome, but one with militia style check points getting off. These exits, the ones they are closing and the one that is open are between the air port and the boat exit. Good Luck..

We might be driving day of Superbowl to NOLA.

Can you explain more about all exits being closed and about the militia style exits

How do we get to the dome????

Governor, we just sailed the Star last week and all I can say is "good luck"!!! We drove to the city on Saturday and spent the night and drove to the port on Sunday about 11:00. The traffic was not a problem, but NO is not really the "best" port I have sailed from. Once you get your luggage taken care of and actually get 'in' the terminal things move o.k., but not great. I would suggest just take a patience pill before you arrive. The ship does not leave till 5:00 so if your flight arrives early enough, you probably won't have any problems "getting there". Oh, and you will need another patience dose at disembarkation...it was a nightmare!!!! It may not be this way "every" week, but it was on the 13th!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

We might be driving day of Superbowl to NOLA.

Can you explain more about all exits being closed and about the militia style exits

How do we get to the dome????

ANYONE answer this

There will be a security zone all around the Superdome, with restricted access from I-10, so the usual access routes will not be available.

If you are coming in on I-10, get off at the Canal Street exit and use Canal to get downtown. Don't plan on parking around the Dome. Park on the north side of Canal and walk or take a cab.

The local TV stations have been posting guides about the Dome and surrounding areas. Nothing there now, but as the date gates near, there will be.

http://www.wwltv.com

There will be a security zone all around the Superdome, with restricted access from I-10, so the usual access routes will not be available.

If you are coming in on I-10, get off at the Canal Street exit and use Canal to get downtown. Don't plan on parking around the Dome. Park on the north side of Canal and walk or take a cab.

The local TV stations have been posting guides about the Dome and surrounding areas. Nothing there now, but as the date gates near, there will be.

www.wwltv.com

Ok Thank you

I only know what GPS tells me and as a local you know these short cuts

Just like if you were ever in SF I can get you anywhere;)

Thank you for directing me that way Did not even occur to look under ports of call:o

You are most welcome!

Glad to be of service,

Kat 50.gif

Hi, newbie so please be nice!

We are on the star cruise on Super Bowl Sunday too (first time cruising but that's another story!)

However we are traveling from the uk and board on the Friday in Cozumel. We were supposed to be on a complementary bus tour round New Orleans but due to the Super Bowl they've cut the number of coaches so we don't have a space. Does anyone have any tips of things we can do in New Orleans?

Ps my partner is a 49ers fan (yes, some English people do follow the NFL!) and is very excited about being in the city on sunday:)

Hi, newbie so please be nice!

We are on the star cruise on Super Bowl Sunday too (first time cruising but that's another story!)

However we are traveling from the uk and board on the Friday in Cozumel. We were supposed to be on a complementary bus tour round New Orleans but due to the Super Bowl they've cut the number of coaches so we don't have a space. Does anyone have any tips of things we can do in New Orleans?

Ps my partner is a 49ers fan (yes, some English people do follow the NFL!) and is very excited about being in the city on sunday:)

Hi Cup,

If your partner is a 49'ers fan then I would tell him to put on his 49'er jersey and both of you head to the French Quarter. Walk around and see the sights, go to Pat O'Brien's and drink a Hurricane or two and mingle with the thousand other fans of both teams.

Jorge

Archived