Is Dawn always late into Auckland?

I might be just imagining it , but it seems the Princess Australia ships seem to arrive late into Auckland of late.

Dawn arrived today at 9.30 (scheduled 8.30). I guess as its only a port visit rather than a turnaround day they can afford to arrive at that time, but I would imagine it would cut into passengers sightseeing time.

Do you prefer to to arrive early in port?

Do you prefer a late arrival to watch the sail in?

14dawn_zpsbe177e17.jpg

14dawn2_zps6a2870bc.jpg

I might be just imagining it , but it seems the Princess Australia ships seem to arrive late into Auckland of late.

I think you may find its just the Dawn Princess, that is sometime is late (and I guess that depends if she leave Melbourne on time and what the seas / weather is like for her crossing) as looking on the Port of Auckland website, both the Sun & Sea Princess for their last visits, have got in around 5 - 6 am, but when the Dawn Princess was last in Auckland on the 01/01/2013 she was in at 09:31 am, but I can understand why she was in late on New Years day (Who would want to get in early on New Years day, after a big night of partying??!!, any way not much would be open anyway I would think), the time before that she was early as on the 24/12/2012 she was in by 06:39 am.

Dawn arrived today at 9.30 (scheduled 8.30). I guess as its only a port visit rather than a turnaround day they can afford to arrive at that time, but I would imagine it would cut into passengers sightseeing time.

They are in Auckland till 9pm. (According to the Ports of Auckland), so they got a good amount of time here.

Do you prefer to to arrive early in port?

Do you prefer a late arrival to watch the sail in?

For me it very much depends on how long you get in a port, as sometimes a late arrival is good, but sucks if you have to be back on the ship by 4 – 5 pm, but a early arrival is also good because sometime that means you leave a bit latter.

So really is a 50 / 50 split for me.

Archived