complimentary meal voucher

socialsea

i received a complimentary meal voucher for 2 people in a specialty restaurant for my upcoming cruise from the travel agency i booked with. can i use that any night, or does it have to be used on the first night only?? also, will i have an actual "voucher" waiting for me in the cabin or is it in rccl's computer system??

i received a complimentary meal voucher for 2 people in a specialty restaurant for my upcoming cruise from the travel agency i booked with. can i use that any night, or does it have to be used on the first night only?? also, will i have an actual "voucher" waiting for me in the cabin or is it in rccl's computer system??

If it's like the one we had a year ago, it can be used any night. There won't be any kind of confirmation in the stateroom, but you should be on a list that the restaurant verifies. Bring your paper copy of the voucher to the restaurant shortly after you board, tell them you have a free dinner voucher and make a reservation.

We got one from our TA as well for our upcoming Allure cruise. My voucher says that it is only good on port days and 150 Central Park, Izumi, and Johnny Rockets are excluded, and states the ship has received the booking details from our TA.

The complimentary voucher we received for our cruise on the Explorer last week was only valid on port days. We received the paper voucher via an email from the travel agency prior to the cruise.

We made our reservations after boarding the ship and were told to just hand the voucher to our waiter when the check was presented at the end of the meal. We received and signed a check for $0 .

My voucher too was only good on port days and only up to a certain dollar amount (i.e. the most expensive specialty venues on Allure such as 150 Central Park and Chef's Table were excluded). I forgot to bring a copy of my e-mailed voucher, but RCI was able to look up and verify that I was entitled to the voucher.

The complimentary voucher we received for our cruise on the Explorer last week was only valid on port days. We received the paper voucher via an email from the travel agency prior to the cruise.

We made our reservations after boarding the ship and were told to just hand the voucher to our waiter when the check was presented at the end of the meal. We received and signed a check for $0 .

You didn't tip?

We also got that promotion for a free meal at a specialty dining place on the Enchantment. We did not receive a voucher. It is on our paperwork from the travel agent - written in a paragraph of text. We asked if we should get some type of coupon. They told us no, and they circled the part in the text about free dinner at a specialty restaurant and said that's all we need to show them. Our travel agent also said we should receive something in our room about the dinner. We don't leave for a month, but would like to know if there's something we should have with us before we leave. That way the travel agent could get it for us. Thanks!

You didn't tip?

I did leave a tip.

By the way, the free dinner voucher clearly stated that gratuities were included, so no tip was necessary.

On the other hand the free spa service voucher my wife used stated that the gratuity was not included, and she was charged the standard gratuity for the published price of the services she received.

I did leave a tip.

By the way, the free dinner voucher clearly stated that gratuities were included, so no tip was necessary.

On the other hand the free spa service voucher my wife used stated that the gratuity was not included, and she was charged the standard gratuity for the published price of the services she received.

same experience on the spa service and it was only good on port day

Same with ours, the voucher said that gratuity was included. Service was not great in Chops (food was bad and there was almost a full hours wait between apps and entree) so we didn't leave anything extra and were very thankful the meal had been complimentary.

My spa voucher did not charge me for the gratuity value of the voucher. They let me use it as a $120 credit and I chose a service that I wanted that was $10 extra. I was only charged gratuities for the extra $10 (but I tipped for the entire price). The spa also allowed me to get the massage on a sea day even though the voucher said port days only, so ask and they may be willing to accomodate you if they are completely packed.

I did leave a tip.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad the spa adds in the full tip--it's sad, but many think that if something is free, they aren't obligated to tip. Not saying you would do that, but there certainly are many that would.

Archived