New Five Star Mariners Pin?

sail7seas

I have earned a three star pin and its not worth anything to me. In fact, I'm not even sure what I did with it. If I find it, does anyone want it? I'll be happy to mail it to you.

Three Star Mariners qualify for Mariner magazine, annual Cruise Planner, 15% discount at shophollandamerica.com, Recognition pin, special offers on select sailings, Hosted sailings with Mariner Society Rep, 50% discount on cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests on select sailings, waiver of air deviation fees.

Also Embarkation Lunch, Mariner Champagne Brunch, collectible gift, diwscount on select spa treatments, 25% discount on wine pakgs with some exclusions, 25% on speicalty restaurant surcharges and beverages at Explorations cafe, 25% discount on min-bar purchases and a complimentary photo of the ship.

Maybe you don't make use of all but most of us can make use of at least a few of those amenities.

Even if just one coffee/beverage at Explorations Cafe or something from the mini-bar. :)

The value of these varies hugely from one guest to another.

The actualy pin itself....... you have assessed what it is worth to you.

I'm very aware of the benefits afforded three star mariners and I take full advantage of them. I just don't see the pin as being much of a benefit. I don't need to advertise my status by wearing a pin on my lapel. :)

Maybe/hopefully my listing the benefits was helpful to someone. :shrug:

I have not noticed anyone wearing the Star Mariner Pins on any of our cruises except for the Mariners Brunch.

DH wears his Medallion enamel pin on his suit lapel when wearing a suit on the ships but neither of us have worn the Star Mariner Pins.

No, we haven't received ours but I'd like to. :)

I'm interested to see how they placed the stars.....

is it two over three

or five in an arc?

Hi, Sail

If you sign in on the HAL website, you will see your 5 star emblem in a row as for the 4 star pin. Maybe HAL will do this with the pin?

Would whoever receives the 5 star pin first PLEASE let us know how it looks and what color it is? Really can't wait to receive this pin!!

While reading the WC blog I noticed they received their 5 star pins. Has anyone received theirs by snail mail? Take care.

Hi, Barocl

Not us yet up here in Canada. Our letter announcing the 5 star program came 10 days after the Amercians on this board were saying they received theirs. Thinking mid- February might be the time for us.

This is too early to wish you Bon Voyage, but was wondering if you received your assignment yet? Good luck with that!

Hi, Sail

If you sign in on the HAL website, you will see your 5 star emblem in a row as for the 4 star pin. Maybe HAL will do this with the pin?

Would whoever receives the 5 star pin first PLEASE let us know how it looks and what color it is? Really can't wait to receive this pin!!

Thanks, SilvertoGold.

I did go to the HAL site and that is where I copied the Five Star Emblem I use in my signature.

I wonder if that is how the stars will be arranged on the pins?

Maybe/hopefully my listing the benefits was helpful to someone. :shrug:

I have not noticed anyone wearing the Star Mariner Pins on any of our cruises except for the Mariners Brunch.

DH wears his Medallion enamel pin on his suit lapel when wearing a suit on the ships but neither of us have worn the Star Mariner Pins.

I wear my '4' star pin when we board and that's about it.

I'm thinking it will look the same as you have in your signature but what color are they going to make it, very curious.

• 2 months later...

On my resent Maasdam cruise I saw a lady go by wearing what I believe is the 5 star mariner pin! It was oval and larger than the current 50 day, 100 days etc pin with crystals in the background and the HAL ship logo in the middle in a gold colour. I think it looked very nice esp considering the amount of cruising you have to do to earn it!

On my resent Maasdam cruise I saw a lady go by wearing what I believe is the 5 star mariner pin! It was oval and larger than the current 50 day, 100 days etc pin with crystals in the background and the HAL ship logo in the middle in a gold colour. I think it looked very nice esp considering the amount of cruising you have to do to earn it!

No, sorry, not the new 5 star pin. This is a decoative pin that apparently is sold in the shops on board. Lovely: I would like to buy one, but have never seen it for sale.

The 5 star pins looks like the other star pins. Silver in color and the same size. Likely easily confused with the 3 star pin, so count those stars!!

I have no idea what color the 3 star Mariner pins look like as I have never seen one.

This new star program began after we had over 500 days so the pin we got back when the program began was a 4 star pin.

If I get a chance over the next couple of days, I will try to post a picture of the 5 star pins that arrived at our house while we were cruising recently.

The decorative pin I saw was nice but if it was for sale in the shops on board it wasn't on the Maasdam, in fact the selection was very poor.

The new 5 star mariner pin is not exciting in my opinion. You think HAL could make a little more effort !

The decorative pin I saw was nice but if it was for sale in the shops on board it wasn't on the Maasdam, in fact the selection was very poor.

The new 5 star mariner pin is not exciting in my opinion. You think HAL could make a little more effort !

I like the Five Star Pin and it seems from this thread most of us who have received them like them. I'm happy we have ours. :)

The decorative pin you reference has not been available on the ships for many years. I also have and love that pin but it was something one could buy or there is some suggestion a small number were given as Prizes for OnBoard Games back in the day when there were some wonderful prizes given. YOu will not find it for sale from HAL.

The Five Star pin has been purchased, if you will, in a very different way. :) Lots and Lots and Lots of cruises/days on board. ;)

Mama Lou once told me that the pin with the ship and the crystals ( which she had on and I admired) was a Presiden'ts Club gift. It was quite lovely and I would love to have one. Perhaps someday.

We will be doing a collector's cruise. Five days into the first cruise we will hit 500 days. Our PCC has advised us that on the second leg of the cruise we will receive the benefits.

I asked specifically as we could use the retreat on the Christmas portion as a hide away from the children we expect on board. We do not have two booking numbers but were required to put down two deposits. I have asked him to forward that info in writing so I can take it with me.

Mama Lou once told me that the pin with the ship and the crystals ( which she had on and I admired) was a Presiden'ts Club gift. It was quite lovely and I would love to have one. Perhaps someday.

We will be doing a collector's cruise. Five days into the first cruise we will hit 500 days. Our PCC has advised us that on the second leg of the cruise we will receive the benefits.

I asked specifically as we could use the retreat on the Christmas portion as a hide away from the children we expect on board. We do not have two booking numbers but were required to put down two deposits. I have asked him to forward that info in writing so I can take it with me.

We are not President's Club but I have the pin and have for some years. :)

I am sorry they did not make the 5 star pins more attractive. They are as big and clumsy looking as the other star pins. Looks like some HAL vice-president refused to hire a design artist and sketched one out himself, no sense of style at all. I can not see HAL spending the money on enamel pins like they used to offer, but surely they could offer a smaller, oval, more attractive pin at the same cost.

I like the Five Star Pin and it seems from this thread most of us who have received them like them. I'm happy we have ours. :)

The decorative pin you reference has not been available on the ships for many years. I also have and love that pin but it was something one could buy or there is some suggestion a small number were given as Prizes for OnBoard Games back in the day when there were some wonderful prizes given. YOu will not find it for sale from HAL.

The Five Star pin has been purchased, if you will, in a very different way. :) Lots and Lots and Lots of cruises/days on board. ;)

Absolutely, Sail: we love our 5 star pin and indeed a LOT of days went into it, since we don't book suites!

Absolutely, Sail: we love our 5 star pin and indeed a LOT of days went into it, since we don't book suites!

Oh boy do I get it...... :eek:

Shocking how many cruises it took for us to get to Platinum Medallion as DH is not retired and we cannot take long cruises. I think the longest cruises we ever took was maybe 17 days. To get to 700 'real' days took loads of wonderful HAL 7/10/14 days cruises. :D

Hope we all here on this forum get to enjoy loads more cruises. :)

I hope that you do get the information in writing and that you do get the benefits on the second leg of your cruise.

Keep us informed.

Archived