choosing cruiselines

TVanTuyl

I can't speak for "most people" but I stayed with the same cruise line for my first six cruises, pretty much because "if it ain't broke..."

I LOVED cruising and saw no reason to change anything.

A series of circumstances caused me to try a different cruise line and...WOW! I liked it even better!!

Currently, I TEND toward that line because (A) the old "ain't broke" policy and (B) because loyalty saves money. Also, I have a credit card which earns me discounts, free cruises or various on board credits/amenities on that specific cruise line, which makes cruising with them less expensive for me.

I want to try Celebrity...it's on my bucket list. I'm not opposed to trying other lines, but I tend to be someone who sticks with things I know I like!

Cruise lines market to different types of passengers. You can find articles which describe the "personalities" for each line. Sometimes you can glean this information from their ads and slogans:

--The Fun Ships

--Get out There

--Freestyle Cruising

--The old celebrity ads about being treated like a celebrity on board.

I tend toward Royal because I like cruises with a LOT of activities and excellent service.

We like each line for different reasons and really have not stuck to one line. Carnival, only once. Just not for us. Our last two were RC Oasis, (for the ship)then NCL Dawn, for the destination. This year RC Allure and then NCL Breakaway. My DH likes the bigs ships and we also enjoy good entertainment. I think its fun to try different lines. Princess is a fine line. Which ship are you sailing?

I've been on three lines and will be on a 4th next year. We hated RCCL. Disney was great when our son was younger, now it's just my husband and I, so while we enjoy their product we prefer a more adult oriented small ship environment. We loved Windstar. We are booked on the Paul Gauguin next year, and hope to sail Regent in 2016. Obviously we aren't stuck on one line, although we have found our sweet spot with the small ship premium/luxury lines.

We've sailed most of the big mainstream lines and find more similarities than differences so we choose based on itinerary now.

Same here. First we pick a date and itinrary then search out the best deal for the kind of cabin we like. We are trying Celebrity for the first time in April.

Burt

We stick with one line now

We dislike the big ships

We do get perks but we stick with them because we like the ambiance of the ships

Everyone has their personal wants & needs

we found a line that suits us & we are not changing ;)

Archived