Exclusive Soap Used on Carnival Ships - A Favor

CSIMelissa

So I wonder how people would feel if she asked others to fill a bottle and send it to her and people jumped on the bandwagon to fill a bottle for her.

Would that be considered stealing? I mean it is right there in the shower to use all you want and the stewards are happy to refill it if it gets empty.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Seriously, woman?!:rolleyes: I WAS JOKING!!! Since you're obviously not wearing your sarcasm-sensing goggles today, I'll spell it out for you: The only thing discussed in this thread that I was actually saying was not stealing was taking the bars of soap provided with the cabin.

Sent from half a coconut on the end of a string using Telepathy

Edited by ShakyBeef

I did some Googling. I believe the soap is Beinvenu. Sold by a co. called Lieberman.

I beleive you have to purchase a large quantity.

This soap was used some time ago, but we haven't seen it lately. The bar is green, not white like the current soap bar is.

• 2 months later...
Would anyone who is sailing with Carnival soon mind picking me up a couple bars of their little, round white soap that they have in the state room bathrooms?

I KNOW this is an odd request, but I have problem skin and have tried everything from expensive products to cheap ones and for some reason that soap really helps me! My face is healing very well...

I won't be sailing again this year and I know what I have won't last until I do again.

I'd repay any postage or whatever.

Thanks! Like I said, I know this is a odd request.... I wouldn't normally ask anything like this but it's helping me so much I thought what the heck.

That's funny you say that ... back in February I couldn't stop raving about it to DH. It made my hands so soft!😊

I bring home all the extra soap from hotels/cruises and drop them off at the homeless shelter. One time I was over packed at the airport and had to dump all the soap into the garbage can! Sounds like you'll get plenty from the kind people here.

I cannot believe how many people are willing to steal soap.

The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person.

I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft.

Next you'll be saying that those who smuggle booze are stealing from Carnival, and those who take more food than they can eat are glutens, and those who complain just to get an OBC are entitled, and those who don't tip are cheapskates. When will it end? I've got about 20 bars of Princess soap and about 15 tubes of lotion. If my cabin steward leaves them, it is mine to do what I choose with them. Telling people here that they are stealing is over the top!:mad:

P.S. There's a certain high-end hotel we frequent in Reno. On the vanity is a brochure that says "all used/unused soap/shampoo/lotion and conditioner will be donated to a local homeless shelter." I paid for the hotel room just I did for my cabin. The amenities are mine to choose to do what I wish with them. One way or another, they're going to be used by someone in need - whether it's me or a homeless person. Oh and I also keep the shower caps as well, they come in handy on cruises, they come in tiny little boxes.

Edited by elliair

OP,

Have you thought of asking John Heald if he can find out who the manufacturer is? a lot of times those commercial soaps are they same as others you can buy in the store. You might be able to find a reliable source you can buy via mail order. Just a thought.

I poked around a bit online, and though there are occasionally some offers on eBay, it looks like this forum might be the easiest way of obtaining this particular soap. :/

There's one website that deals with the particular brands, but it looks to be in Malta, of all places. I have no idea if they are fluent in English or not. But here is the website.

I'll save some soaps for you, good luck with your soap opera! ;)

Edited by Fern Crest
Typos

Too bad the soap doesn't have any name on it, it's just a round bar placed in a plastic package, green on top clear in the center and green on the bottom. In the center it just says "Soap Just Add Water." Very odd that not even Carnival's name is any where on the package.

I guess none of us look at dates any more because this thread is from 2013! LOL!

January 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Go to page one and look at the first post and the date!:D

Look on the second page.

March 13th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Cool Cruiser

I'm needing more soap but not cruising any time soon. Could someone pick up some for me? Once again I'll reimburse postage.

I believe that the OP is the one who resurrected her own thread, for exactly the same reason.

Look on the second page.

March 13th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Cool Cruiser

I'm needing more soap but not cruising any time soon. Could someone pick up some for me? Once again I'll reimburse postage.

I believe that the OP is the one who resurrected her own thread, for exactly the same reason.

3 months later? Ya know, I like the facial tissue in the box. I take the one in the bathroom out and put it on my side of the bed. Those tissue boxes fit perfectly into the side pocket of my car. Just a heads up for those needing tissues in your car.:rolleyes:

OP,

Have you thought of asking John Heald if he can find out who the manufacturer is? a lot of times those commercial soaps are they same as others you can buy in the store. You might be able to find a reliable source you can buy via mail order. Just a thought.

Unfortunately he has told me in the past that it's made just for them and not sold anywhere. If it was that would solve my problem.

Next you'll be saying that those who smuggle booze are stealing from Carnival, and those who take more food than they can eat are glutens, and those who complain just to get an OBC are entitled, and those who don't tip are cheapskates. When will it end? I've got about 20 bars of Princess soap and about 15 tubes of lotion. If my cabin steward leaves them, it is mine to do what I choose with them. Telling people here that they are stealing is over the top!:mad:

P.S. There's a certain high-end hotel we frequent in Reno. On the vanity is a brochure that says "all used/unused soap/shampoo/lotion and conditioner will be donated to a local homeless shelter." I paid for the hotel room just I did for my cabin. The amenities are mine to choose to do what I wish with them. One way or another, they're going to be used by someone in need - whether it's me or a homeless person. Oh and I also keep the shower caps as well, they come in handy on cruises, they come in tiny little boxes.

I put my water shoes in those shower caps when packing them in my luggage.

I cannot believe how many people are willing to steal soap.

The soap is provided for your use while on the cruise not for you to load up for another person.

I think it is fine if you want to donate the one you did not use, but the minute you request more, that you do not plan to use, that is theft.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. However, remember, that people will justify this by stating they paid for the unused and unopened soap and it is their right to take it. Plus, why not just grab a handful off the cart in the hallway also? Might as well take the unopened roll of toilet paper in the room also. The box of tissue. Plus maybe a glass or two because they are nice for my bathroom at home.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. However, remember, that people will justify this by stating they paid for the unused and unopened soap and it is their right to take it. Plus, why not just grab a handful off the cart in the hallway also? Might as well take the unopened roll of toilet paper in the room also. The box of tissue. Plus maybe a glass or two because they are nice for my bathroom at home.

I bring my own hand soap and take the one bar that is in the bathroom home with me for my personal use, to donate to a shelter, or to give to a friend.

Or I use the soap while on the cruise and 3/4 of it ends up in the trash at the end of the cruise.

Same end result for Carnival. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Assuming that people who take a bar of soap from their room will take everything they can get off the steward's cart is just ridiculous.

Edited by erinmarie424