Why do you like the Riviera Deck?

eriedearie

I LOVE that deck, as close to the center as I can get. I have alot of concern

about motion and its pretty still there. I also love inside

because its so dark and great for sleeping. On my next

cruise, I changed. We are all the way forward and have

i window. Now I am 2nd guessing my decision. :eek:

limited OV Cabins for family of 5 and Riviera is one of them. No issues except long wait for elevators, and lots of walking if we choose to. Good part is is a snap to get to the Gangway, no wait for elevators and shorter walking to off and on board.

Less motion at the bottom, and mid ship lower is even better..

We love the Riviera deck....so close when exiting on Deck 0 on port days, great when coming back from excursions, ready for the air conditioning and shower of your cabin which is only a few steps away. We've never experienced excessive noise, especially when we've had forward cabins....no one usually walks down that hallway except those who have cabins so not so much random conversation, etc heard from the hallways.

Have a wonderful cruise!

My Mom and I had an awesome cruise on Carnival Liberty, and our room was an OV on Riviera deck, mid ship, but closer to the back than middle. I dont remember the cabin number. Anyway, it was a great stateroom. It was very quiet, and a very smooth ride, and that was in October. Yes it is easy on port days to disembark, just down one flight of stairs, and same on returning to ship, just one flight up. I would have no problem booking a room on Riviera deck again. Have a great cruise.:)

Not to hijack, but can most of the same comments apply to the Main deck as well? We'll be on Main deck on the Liberty in March and am curious about noise, etc.

A good question, and I think Main deck would be good in the same ways also. My only experience on Main deck was in a port hole room on Freedom, so it was very far forward, and it did have some noise from waves hitting the bow, ( not that this bothered me, I slept like a baby in that cabin ), but rooms furthers back should be similar to those on Riviera.

Have to throw in a negative here. It was the Fantasy, hated Riviera deck, lowest passenger deck. Felt like I was at the bottom of the boat and lots of noise. We were probably considered aft. Hated it, did it once and never again. Don't slam me, just my opinion.

We LOVE it!!!!!! Deep down, center inside room. No rocking, very quiet. We cruise for the Ports and it is soooooo easy on & off from here. We turn in early (atleast one os us) since we have a young one (8), so turning in at 8 or 9 is easy.

We mostly avoid pool and lido area during the week, so this helps as well.

(We do eat most 90% of our meals at the buffet...but the calories lost making the long jaunt makes eating so much not so bad.)

Oh, and more reasonable prices

been in the forward Riveria twice, no complaints. Going to try a balcony next time but it's $500 more , that to me is almost enough to change my mind. When we did it our kids were 13 & 16 the first time and 17 and 20 the 2nd time. We didn't notice a long wait for the elevator and no much noise in the hallways at all.

Loved our OV Rivera deck cabin on the Pride a year ago. The ship sailed into a storm on our way back to Baltimore, and we woke up to an underwater view out our window as the swells completely covered the glass. Watched the swells wash our window for hours, truely a unique experience.

Mainly we cruise on the Rivera deck because it is cheaper and the stairs make for good exercise when the elevators are busy.

We have sailed on the Riviera deck several times and have never had any trouble at all. Insides are nice and dark, oceanviews are awesome being so close to the water line, not much traffic down there. If you are way forward or aft you get more ships noises, but even that has never kept us from getting a good night's sleep on that deck. If we aren't splurging for a balcony, I'd rather save as much as possible, and the Riviera deck suits us in that respect.

We like the Riviera deck because then I know when to stop going down the stairs.:p

Was very lost when they recarpeted the Paradise and took out the letters at the base of the stairs. R - Riviera, M - Main, etc.

I never stayed on Riviera deck. But my BIL & his boyfriend were on it when we were on the Glory. They liked their outside cabin. But all week long when they said they were heading to their room. It was referred to as going down to steerage. Had many laughs about that. They used to joke about being tired from rowing. But the bottom line is they had a great cruise & loved the room. If you're on the boat be happy.

We loved Riviera Deck on our New Years cruise on the Valor. We were forward and there was literally no foot traffic, we never heard a peep near our room. We weren't too far from the elevators, and never had a long wait for the elevators (and this was a sold out cruise). One level down to exit on port days, one level up when getting back on the ship. Also, only two levels up to dinner, we always walked that. I will definitely book Riviera again.

We also like the Riviera deck - for the same reasons listed above - quiet, inexpensive, easy access to gangway. The wait for the elevators generally hasn't been too bad.

DD and I had an interior room on Riviera this past weekend and loved it, more than I thought. I like it to be dark when I sleep. We've had OV rooms on the Riviera too and enjoyed them.

Archived