Deck 6- Silver Spirit

dafne

Looking into a cruise on Silver Spirit.

Has anyone been on Deck 6- with a cabin above the Bar?

Was it noisy?

Any suggestions on Deck 6- close to middle?

available cabins are 640, 648, 630 ( close to elevator) or 622.

Thanks.

Would like to be close to middle of ship, not near elevator.

Looking into a cruise on Silver Spirit.

Has anyone been on Deck 6- with a cabin above the Bar?

Was it noisy?

Any suggestions on Deck 6- close to middle?

available cabins are 640, 648, 630 ( close to elevator) or 622.

Thanks.

Would like to be close to middle of ship, not near elevator.

On our Spirit cruise the Bar was very busy before dinner and fairly busy between dinner and the show (about 9:50-10:00pm), but exceptionally quiet thereafter. If you are on the side with the piano you just might hear something, and it may depend if the ship is pretty full.

Fellow Deck Six (we have two Spirit cruises in deck six suites (not over the bar tho)) pax who have sailed in those deck six suites over the bar (esp these suites over the sound stage (644,646,648), told us not to book them due to noise coming from the entertainment late at night made it difficult for them to go to sleep until the music stopped (12 or 1am). Feedback from these pax was in 2010 and late 2011. Hopefully, a fellow SS CCr will post their more recent (2012) experience with these mid ship (638-649) suites and the bar noise level below in the evening. If we were booking the available suites you mention, we would pick in order 630 then 622 (we have sailed in 618), since u want to be away from the elevator 622 may be a better choice for you. Hope this helps.

We were in the 640's on the Spirit three years ago when the ship was brand new, but we were on the starboard side (odd numbers) and had no noise problem. The people who were in the 640's on the port side (even numbers) had terrible noise problems from the Bar music at night. I know that attempts were then made to improve the sound insulation, but I don't know how successful they were. We were on the Spirit later that year but booked in the 650's to avoid that area. On our upcoming Spirit voyage we are booked on deck 7. Perhaps someone who has been in the portside 640's more recently can respond.

I agree with Wes that 630 would probably be best among your options. I don't think the elevator would be a problem on the Spirit.

Fellow Deck Six (we have two Spirit cruises in deck six suites (not over the bar tho)) pax who have sailed in those deck six suites over the bar (esp these suites over the sound stage (644,646,648), told us not to book them due to noise coming from the entertainment late at night made it difficult for them to go to sleep until the music stopped (12 or 1am). Feedback from these pax was in 2010 and late 2011. Hopefully, a fellow SS CCr will post their more recent (2012) experience with these mid ship (638-649) suites and the bar noise level below in the evening. If we were booking the available suites you mention, we would pick in order 630 then 622 (we have sailed in 618), since u want to be away from the elevator 622 may be a better choice for you. Hope this helps.

Are you sure you are not confusing the Bar with the Panorama Lounge?

Just back today from an unforgettable week on the SS and found the Bar to be very sedate although thoroughly enjoyable. Unlike the Panorama Bar on the Pool Deck which was always lively and very enjoyable from maybe 22.45 until 01.00 playing classic pop for the younger revellers like myself aged 59 :), but at 01.00 they went over to a noisy DJ playing modern 'techno' noise which always quickly emptied the place, so I can't vouch for noise after 01.00.

I thought the general sound proofing on board was excellent and was never disturbed by anything in suite 817.

Archived