Help me with my checklist

jota

Sorry for being off topic but Waihekean where would you recommend for a nice lunch on Waiheke island?

We've been to Auckland many times (hubby is a kiwi) so on our next cruise we were going to catch the ferry to Waiheke and have a nice lunch.

For a special kind of lunch with a marvellous view and great wine, you could go to "Te Whau Vineyard" or the "Cable Bay Vineyard" or the "Mud Brick Vineyard" restaurants. Either of those would require a taxi from the ferry.

There are more vineyard restaurants and basically they all serve gourmet food.

Or you could walk from the ferry to the middle of Oneroa for several casual cafe's. There are a couple that look out over the sea and I would look at the menus what would appeal best.

There is also a popular Thai restaurent "the Red Crab" which also has a view over the sea.

Or you could take the bus to Onetangi Beach and there are two bistro's at the beach. The Beach Front Cafe and Charlie Farley's. The later having a bit more interesting menu, but both are nice places if you want a beach day.

It is hard to give just one name, as I do not know your taste. So would say that my own favorites are the Te Whau Vineyard restaurant and Charlie Farley's. Bon Apetit:)

For a special kind of lunch with a marvellous view and great wine, you could go to "Te Whau Vineyard" or the "Cable Bay Vineyard" or the "Mud Brick Vineyard" restaurants. Either of those would require a taxi from the ferry.

There are more vineyard restaurants and basically they all serve gourmet food.

Or you could walk from the ferry to the middle of Oneroa for several casual cafe's. There are a couple that look out over the sea and I would look at the menus what would appeal best.

There is also a popular Thai restaurent "the Red Crab" which also has a view over the sea.

Or you could take the bus to Onetangi Beach and there are two bistro's at the beach. The Beach Front Cafe and Charlie Farley's. The later having a bit more interesting menu, but both are nice places if you want a beach day.

It is hard to give just one name, as I do not know your taste. So would say that my own favorites are the Te Whau Vineyard restaurant and Charlie Farley's. Bon Apetit:)

Off topic too

We went on 'Around Waiheke Tours' - Wine and Brewery tour - 5 hrs (12 - 5pm) and we had lunch at Peacock Sky Winery which is by the airport. Wonderful wine and great food. Rob - the Owner is a very switched on chap.

Watch 'grabone' for their $49 deals!

Archived