Help me with my checklist

jota

I'm cruising next weekend and I'm feeling like I'll forget things !

Please feel free to add necessities to my list:

Book flights to Sydney:eek:

Passport

Money

More money

Noro killing wipes

Sea sick pills (seem to be antihistamines so any of these will do?)

Adaptor plug things

Anything missing

PS 14d NZ VOS

I am planning to book a cruise while on line, am going to book radiance instead of voyager due to huge price diff on similar cruise and I'm planning to change to VOS if price drops in the next 6months. Will I be able to switch cruises without losing $100 and OBC each passenger?

Do I do the open on board booking option?

:)

The keys are

1. Use a rotation system - work out what to wear in 5-7 days and repeat!

2. Airing and wearing - wear things more than once and wash smalls in shower and hang for the night to dry!

3. Mixing and matching - colour co-ordinate with one mono basic colour!

Sorry for being off topic but Waihekean where would you recommend for a nice lunch on Waiheke island?

We've been to Auckland many times (hubby is a kiwi) so on our next cruise we were going to catch the ferry to Waiheke and have a nice lunch.

Passport

Money

More money

Noro killing wipes

Adaptor plug things

Anything missing

PS 14d NZ VOS

You mean you havnt booked flights to Sydney:eek: I think your cruiseing with us next Sunday, im like you doing the double check of everything, dreamt i forgot passports, which would be terrible as we are flying from Bris. on the day. :)

What does one use duct tape for? My mind boggles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know people have used it in rough seas to tape up cupboards, as they were so annoying during the night crashing open all the time. :eek:

Ummm... I don't see duct tape on your list???? Im pretty sure thats mandatory. :p

Too funny, I was going to write in original post "don't say duct tape"

As you can see, I am kinda minimalist, not looking to cover very contingency

You mean you havnt booked flights to Sydney:eek: I think your cruiseing with us next Sunday, im like you doing the double check of everything, dreamt i forgot passports, which would be terrible as we are flying from Bris. on the day. :)

No, I haven't booked yet but prices are fine. What about you flying in on the day! I wanted to do that but I have been at the airport in Summer and not been able to fly due to storms and big backlogs a couple of years ago at Cooloongatta.

If that happens on the day you could drive it in 12hours:p

Was lucky I didn't book as a friend told me about something on that day. Now I've gotta work out where to leave luggage in Sydney until say 5pm, preferably near Broadway, if anyone knows Sydney

Do I do the open on board booking option?

Open is just if you don't make the specific booking onboard. You're just paying a deposit for a future cruise. It gives you flexibility, but means that the price, cabin and so on isn't locked in. From what you've said, it's probably not what you want.

When you've made the booking as long as you keep the same reservation number you will be able to keep the OBC.

:)

The keys are

1. Use a rotation system - work out what to wear in 5-7 days and repeat!

2. Airing and wearing - wear things more than once and wash smalls in shower and hang for the night to dry!

3. Mixing and matching - colour co-ordinate with one mono basic colour!

My 3 golden rules as well when it comes to packing...nice one!

So think Melbourne winter, proper coat :eek:?

I pack a lightweight water and wind proof long line jacket, which fits into its own pocket pouch for shore excursions. And a pair of warm but again light weight slacks. - Not jeans - too hard to dry if they get wet. The jacket has a hood and fits over a light weight but warm sweater - layers are the go for New Zealand, plus colourful shawls to dress up and ring the changes for dinner. The air conditioning can be biting and you may want to go out on the Lido or Promenade deck.

I pack a lightweight water and wind proof long line jacket, which fits into its own pocket pouch for shore excursions. And a pair of warm but again light weight slacks. - Not jeans - too hard to dry if they get wet. The jacket has a hood and fits over a light weight but warm sweater - layers are the go for New Zealand, plus colourful shawls to dress up and ring the changes for dinner. The air conditioning can be biting and you may want to go out on the Lido or Promenade deck.

So I was going to take lightweight knits and a leather jacket and now a scarf and gloves , will that be okay if I throw in a spray jacket to go over the lot and cut out the rain / wind, or do I take a winter coat?

No, I haven't booked yet but prices are fine. What about you flying in on the day! I wanted to do that but I have been at the airport in Summer and not been able to fly due to storms and big backlogs a couple of years ago at Cooloongatta.

If that happens on the day you could drive it in 12hours:p

Was lucky I didn't book as a friend told me about something on that day. Now I've gotta work out where to leave luggage in Sydney until say 5pm, preferably near Broadway, if anyone knows Sydney

We fly out at 7.30am & dont sail untill midnight so plenty of time.

We fly out at 7.30am & dont sail untill midnight so plenty of time.

I wanted to do the same but just bought flight for the night before.

I'm sure it would be fine but apparently customs leave around 5pm so you have to check in prior to that. I also thought "what's the worst that could happen" fly to Melbourne and board there but I think that wouldn't be an option due to no customs officers there.

I would have flown in on the day but my travelling companion veto-ed the suggestion a couple of hours ago:)

Passport

Money

More money

Noro killing wipes

Adaptor plug things

Anything missing

PS 14d NZ VOS

Have also added

lanyards

Nurofen panadol

Bugspray

Some pegs

Stubby holder (most excellent suggestion)

Sunscreen

Will get to the packing imminently - will follow 5-7 day cycle and colour coordinating suggestions but I already suspect Ai should have paid for 25 kg luggage option instead of 20kg with airline:)

Archived