Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone can rent one on Nellie's beach. Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests only. You have to time it just right tho cause they go quick..

Were you able to rent a Barefoot Cabana on-line ahead of time? I've been told they are only for rent on the ship, so I rented a Nellie's Cabana and will check when we board if I can switch it to a Barefoot Cabana (we splurged and got a Grand Suite this time). But if I can book on-line, that would be much easier.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas are only available for Suite Guests and you are one. You contact the concierege for your ship and make the request for the cabana. Some people rent a cabana on Nellie's Beach online and then when they find out they have a cabana on Barefoot, cancel the one on Nellie's. That way you have a cabana either way. All of the same perks go with the Nellie's Beach Cabana as are on the Barefoot Beach except that Nellie's Beach is a public beach and other passengers have access to it.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas are only available for Suite Guests and you are one. You contact the concierege for your ship and make the request for the cabana. Some people rent a cabana on Nellie's Beach online and then when they find out they have a cabana on Barefoot, cancel the one on Nellie's. That way you have a cabana either way. All of the same perks go with the Nellie's Beach Cabana as are on the Barefoot Beach except that Nellie's Beach is a public beach and other passengers have access to it.

We've already booked a Nellie's Cabana, but do I need to wait until I'm on the ship to switch? It looks like I do, I can't find an excursion that lets me book a Barefoot Cabana. Actually either beach looks fine to me, but I'd love to be on the beach with less people.

No way to reserve Barefoot Beach Cabanas except through your concierge on the ship. From other posts, you need to contact the concierge in order to get one on Barefoot Beach. Earlier post said that most of the Over the Water Cabanas on Barefoot were damaged by a storm just recently. Until they are repaired, it will be even more difficult to get a cabana on that beach.

No way to reserve Barefoot Beach Cabanas except through your concierge on the ship. Earlier post said that most of the Over the Water Cabanas on Barefoot were damaged by a storm just recently. Until they are repaired, it will be even more difficult to get a cabana on that beach.

Glad I got a Nellie's cabana! Thanks for the info, I didn't see the post about the damage. We don't sail until November so hopefully they'll have them repaired by then. I'm sure I'll be happy with any cabana we get.

As I said before, RCCI will have the repairs done on Barefoot Beach quite quickly. They are not going to loose the money from the rentals for too long. Keep the security of the Nellie's Beach Cabana. If you don't get in touch with your concierge before the cruise, check with him as soon as you board. You can still cancel the Nellie's Beach Cabana and get a refund. There is no difference between the cabana on the two beaches. It is the prestige of having the private beach at Barefoot. The Cabana areas on Nellies are walled off so it is private around your cabana but the beach area is public.

• 3 weeks later...
Are the cabanas a set price - or is it like a price per person? Thanks in advance!

Yes we paid $250 for the OTW cabana on Nellie's that we will have in November 2013, hoping to switch it for a Barefoot Beach cabana once onboard. I think the BB cabanas are the same price, just a different beach next to Nellie's.

• 1 month later...

IMG_1121.JPG

I have rented a beach cabana on Nellie's Beach for our Allurer cruise in December. My MIL has 2 bad knees and has a hard time walking. I guess I would want to try and get #9 or #10????

I have rented a beach cabana on Nellie's Beach for our Allurer cruise in December. My MIL has 2 bad knees and has a hard time walking. I guess I would want to try and get #9 or #10????

We also have the same issue, I was also leaning towards 9 and 10 since 1 doesn't seem to be facing the water which we really want to do. :confused:

We also have the same issue, I was also leaning towards 9 and 10 since 1 doesn't seem to be facing the water which we really want to do. :confused:

Well since your cruise is definately sooner than mine, let me know what you find out. Hope you have a great cruise.

Well since your cruise is definately sooner than mine, let me know what you find out. Hope you have a great cruise.

I will let you know how it goes!!! :)

I was thinking of bringing the great numbered diagram in this thread to point out the cabana we would like that would accomodate my MIL, but am thinking I might get a "this lady is crazy" expression from the rep, LOL. :o

I'm surprised you can't make special requests when you book this excursion, it would make it a lot easier and take some concerns away when booking. With that being said, we are not too worried about it because my MIL would not want to spend more than a couple of hours in the cabana anyway, we however plan on spending a lot more time in it. I was just hoping to make the beach experience a little easier on her.

We had number 10 last September. The ramp was really nice since it ends right on the water's edge. We were actually the last group to claim our Cabana and, I think, got the best one. 9 and 10 use the same ramp. The other ones on Nellies use either steps or ladders to get into the water. The ramp was really nice. We looked right out at the water and the ship was in the background. If you have someone with mobility issues, I would try going to the Excursion Desk or Customer Service and see if you can request the handicap accessible Cabana. It would be worth a try.

I am wondering now, are the ones in the pictures the "over the water" cabanas or the "beach" cabanas. I reserved a "beach" cabana and am starting to wonder if these are even one of the ones I can get? I saw another picture somewhere in these forums that showed the "beach" cabanas in behind the loungers in the sand.

Can anyone give me an idea where the "beach" cabanas actually are?

I am wondering now, are the ones in the pictures the "over the water" cabanas or the "beach" cabanas. I reserved a "beach" cabana and am starting to wonder if these are even one of the ones I can get? I saw another picture somewhere in these forums that showed the "beach" cabanas in behind the loungers in the sand.

Can anyone give me an idea where the "beach" cabanas actually are?

The Beach Cabanas are to the left side of number 10 cabana in the picture. They are set further back from the water. The cabanas in the picture of this post are the Over the Water Cabanas. The Beach Cabanas cannot be seen in the above photo. I would estimate that the Beach Cabanas are about 20 feet further back but they still have a view of the water since they are to the left of number 10.

We had number 10 last September. The ramp was really nice since it ends right on the water's edge. We were actually the last group to claim our Cabana and, I think, got the best one. 9 and 10 use the same ramp. The other ones on Nellies use either steps or ladders to get into the water. The ramp was really nice. We looked right out at the water and the ship was in the background. If you have someone with mobility issues, I would try going to the Excursion Desk or Customer Service and see if you can request the handicap accessible Cabana. It would be worth a try.

Thanks for the great info!!! The ramp will work best for my MIL. The stairs would be tough (she rarely uses them) and the ladder would be impossible for her. :)

Ring or email RCI. We'd originally booked a beach cabaña for our Allure cruise in July but we queried its suitability for my sister who has a false lower leg. She struggles to walk over sand and wanted to be near the water. To cut a long story short, RCI cancelled the beach cabaña and changed it to an 'accessible over the water' one which I believe will be either number 9 or number 10.